Los Angeles Audio Stores ?

JayR

Feb 28, 2015
Hi All,

I am in LA, CA this week until Friday. I might have some time to visit audio stores in the area. Do you have any recommendations for which ones to visit?

Thanks.
Jay

Simon Moon

Apr 24, 2015
Hi All,

I am in LA, CA this week until Friday. I might have some time to visit audio stores in the area. Do you have any recommendations for which ones to visit?

Here you go!

Audio Element in Pasadena
Audiophile Zone in Playa del Rey
Optimal Enchantment in Santa Monica
Weinhart Design in Los Angeles
Shelley's Audio in Woodland Hills
Brook Berdan in Monrovia
The Source in Torrance
Venice Audio in Venice
Monaco in Pasadena
Evolution Audio in Agoura

Some of these are a bit out of Los Angeles, but no more than 30 miles.

Sharp 1080

Apr 20, 2010
Dallas,Texas
Sunny's Components has a large showroom. I will also second visiting Brian Berdan at Audio Element (Brook Berdan's son). It is as a nice shop to visit.

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
And if you ever make it to San Diego (2 hours south), you're very welcome to stop by :)

Simon Moon

Apr 24, 2015
Sunny's Components has a large showroom. I will also second visiting Brian Berdan at Audio Element (Brook Berdan's son). It is as a nice shop to visit.

I thought about mentioning Sunny's, but it seems a bit too far outside of LA if someone is only in town for a week, and wants to visit a few shops.

But then, I did include The Source, and they are a bit far from LA also.;)

JayR

Feb 28, 2015
Thanks for all the suggestions. Will try to check at least a couple of them out.

Asiufy- San Diego is on my list as it’s been a while since I visited. Will definitely stop by if I come.

Holli82

Jun 6, 2010
Audio Salon in Santa Monica

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
as a resident Angeleno, my favorite audio stores are Audio Element (Brian Berdan), Pitch Perfect Audio (Shindo/Devore), and Alma Audio (San Diego).

the original Brooks Berdan had fallen off a bit last time I was there two years ago. I would pass on Sunny's.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
If in LA a trip to Gene Rubin would be an excellent idea. I’m not sure if Gene is open without appointment, so that would have to be checked.
If you can see your way to San Diego, I would second a visit to Alma audio.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing