Luxman cl1000 with m900u and cable question

Datka

May 21, 2021
Wanted to get your opinion
Currently have chord dave connected directly to Luxman m900u via audience au24sx RCA cable , last week purchased Luxman preamp cl1000 so need cables , should I get another au24sx RCA and connect pre to power amp ? My understanding is that cl1000 is not a balanced preamp and since I already have audience rca would it be best to keep all RCA and same interconnects from dac to pre and from pre to power amp ?
Thanks guys

dan31

Jul 22, 2010
SF Bay
I would recommend you stay with the Audience RCA if you like the current cable you have been using.

Datka

May 21, 2021
Thanks Dan , I do find Audience au24sx to be very neutral, ok so no problem with keeping it all RCA since dac and preamp are both are primarily designed with single ended architecture at first but balanced capable ...
wonder if anyone here used cl1000 , I'm just starting to get familiar with it , thanks

Datka

May 21, 2021
Thanks for your feedback, I think it also depends on your electronics some preamps , amps , dacs play sound better when using balanced , I guess only way for me to really found out it try to get both and compare,,
Just wondering if you have tried AU24SX prior to moving up the level with front row , thank you

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Wanted to get your opinion
Currently have chord dave connected directly to Luxman m900u via audience au24sx RCA cable , last week purchased Luxman preamp cl1000 so need cables , should I get another au24sx RCA and connect pre to power amp ? My understanding is that cl1000 is not a balanced preamp and since I already have audience rca would it be best to keep all RCA and same interconnects from dac to pre and from pre to power amp ?
Thanks guys
How do you like your CL1000 paired with M900U ?
I'm looking at CL1000 + 2 M-10X bridged VS Gryphon Essence pre + Essence Monos.

Reactions: Casosac

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing