Sep 8, 2020
Australia

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Reactions: Addicted to hifi

7ryder

Jan 31, 2015
It's scheduled to drop in February 2022. MSRP is estimated as $19,995. Full details, specs and final pricing will be available on the Luxman website in early January. www.luxmanamerica.com

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
Translated from the luxman webpage:

Overwhelming power linearity of instantaneous maximum 1,200W + 1,200W (1?)

The role of the power amplifier is to faithfully amplify the music signal sent from the control amplifier to the input and vibrate the speaker unit accurately while fully drawing out the characteristics of the speaker. In LIFES mounted on M-10X, by simply reconstructing the entire circuit, we succeeded in reducing the number of parallel elements while improving performance, and reduced distortion during amplification by about half. In addition, the redesigned constant voltage circuit constitutes a high inertia (high inertia) power supply that changes the AC gain and DC gain. We have adopted a method that can maintain high performance more stably. The current amplification stage with a 4x2 output configuration that combines two modules of three-stage Darlington 4-parallel push-pull amplifier circuits that follow various load conditions is instantaneously up to 1,200W + from the rated output of 150W + 150W (8?). Achieves complete power linearity up to 1,200W (1?). Along with pure class A operation up to 12W with careful bias current setting, it achieves both overwhelming power and sound quality with a sense of density at a high level.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Anyone heard them at a dealer's or Axpona ?
I will check them out at Munich.

joeling

Jan 8, 2014
What does bridging bring to the table ?

owen lawlor

Jul 30, 2010
Very nice layering, huge depth, another octave of bass, imaging solidity, shimmering in air quality and of course extra dynamics.

exupgh12

Jul 30, 2019
Bridging the Luxman M10x power amplifier enables their use as a mono amplifier.
A notable advantage of Luxman in bridge mode is its avoidance of harsh sound, a common issue found in some amplifiers when bridged. the Luxman preserves all musicality and other inherent qualities that are present in stereo mode while significantly increasing power capabilities.

GSOphile

Sep 3, 2017
I have an M-10X. Using it with an Esoteric C1X solo pre to replace a Gryphon Diablo 300. Love this combination. More refined, especially strings and piano. A more balanced presentation without sacrificing dynamics.

owen lawlor

Jul 30, 2010
Anyone have experience with aftermarket power cords on this amp?

exupgh12

Jul 30, 2019
Reactions: owen lawlor

owen lawlor

Jul 30, 2010

GSOphile

Sep 3, 2017
Anyone have experience with aftermarket power cords on this amp?
I use a Shunyata Alpha V2 NR via a Denali 6000/S V2 attached to a 20 amp dedicated line via a Sigma XC. Very nice reasonably priced cords and power distributor - quiet, refined. (Previously had AQ Hurricanes and a Niagara 5000 Conditioner.)

Last edited:

exupgh12

Jul 30, 2019

owen lawlor

Jul 30, 2010
I had tried my Shunyata Sigma NR V2 and didn't like it so I picked up 2 of these for the twins: https://shunyata.com/products/power-cables/venom-x-series-power-cables/venom-x-ef/
Not sure I will keep them there but for now letting them settle a bit. The bad - they leaned out the bass and shrunk the stage a little bit compared to the stock Luxman pc’s which are very very good. I don’t hear room lock on the low end like I had been which was just mighty fun. The good is that there is a bunch more transparency, detail, and layering. Vocals sound super smooth and liquid. Bass is leaner but more intonation can be heard as well as texture. I can hear deeper into the mix and am getting details I’ve never heard before on very familiar music. I think crazy better microdynamics and especially obvious on things like guitar where I can hear the attack much more clearly. Crazy for a PC!

Attachments

• IMG_6898.JPG
    IMG_6898.JPG
    373.5 KB · Views: 17

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing