Luxman's new D-10X flagship sacd player

John57

Sep 29, 2015
Melbourne, Australia
Hi Guys,

Demoed the Luxman D-10x and within 2 minutes of listening had ordered one, arrived 1 week later, this player is incredible,

Previous to the D-10X arriving I was running a CD transport into a Chord electronics M Scaler and Chord Dave

The difference in detail and scale is huge compared to the Chord setup

Have around 200hrs on the unit and everyday she is sounding better and better

Absolutely incredible player

Cheers
Deano
That is an amazing result. The review I read in WhatHifi said it’s a detail beast. That put me off actually. Your review here is quite something after listening to Hans review of the Chord set you have on YT. I still may stay with my Lux D06u... great value

Reactions: Deano1974

Deano1974

Jul 30, 2019
New Zealand
That is an amazing result. The review I read in WhatHifi said it’s a detail beast. That put me off actually. Your review here is quite something after listening to Hans review of the Chord set you have on YT. I still may stay with my Lux D06u... great value
Honestly, it would be good if you could listen to the D-10X, I have heard alot of CD players as I work in the trade, but there is something very special about the ROHM dac chip on this machine, it's like no other and definitely worth an audition if you can

The detail is not a weakness its just more rounded, and sounds more natural

Cheers

DomA

Mar 29, 2022
I have the Luxman D-10X on order, hopefully will arrive December at some point.
I cannot wait to play my physical CD/SACD library through it!
What/how do owners do regarding burn-in of the unit? (should I just play CD after CD or maybe put one on repeat)
Thanks

Barry

Member Sponsor
Jan 7, 2012
Somewhere near Philadelphia, USA
I bought a D-10X and it's burned in now for 350 hours or so. It's a really special component, almost magical at times.

The purity of tone and its rendering of a sense of presence are it's 2 outstanding qualities. Yes, there are oodles of leading edge details that support the feeling of "being there", but images are also solid, and there's a realistic decay that makes for an almost tube-like holographic quality to the sound at times. In my system, if there are any down sides, it may be that the soundstage and images are pushed forward just a bit - time will tell. It doesn't sound like my analog setup TW Raven Anniversary TT, Triplanar arm and Lyra Etna, but it sure is every bit as wonderful to listen to music on it.

pnp

Nov 28, 2012
I bought a D-10X and it's burned in now for 350 hours or so. It's a really special component, almost magical at times.

The purity of tone and its rendering of a sense of presence are it's 2 outstanding qualities. Yes, there are oodles of leading edge details that support the feeling of "being there", but images are also solid, and there's a realistic decay that makes for an almost tube-like holographic quality to the sound at times. In my system, if there are any down sides, it may be that the soundstage and images are pushed forward just a bit - time will tell. It doesn't sound like my analog setup TW Raven Anniversary TT, Triplanar arm and Lyra Etna, but it sure is every bit as wonderful to listen to music on it.
Congratulations on your D-10X.
It's indeed a fantastic machine.
Give it some more 250 hours or so and you'll in for a treat.
Enjoy.

khragon

May 20, 2022
What do you guys think about the D-10X USB input as a DAC? I'm looking to get the D-10X to be the all-in-one CD player and DAC, it would complete my Luxman setup.. with M10X and CL1000. However I get impression that D-10X USB implementation is a weak link.

Thanks for the insight

RnRmf

Apr 29, 2015
What do you guys think about the D-10X USB input as a DAC? I'm looking to get the D-10X to be the all-in-one CD player and DAC, it would complete my Luxman setup.. with M10X and CL1000. However I get impression that D-10X USB implementation is a weak link.

Thanks for the insight
I don't have extensive experience using the usb input but when I owned a Lumin X1 (Lumin's flagship streamer), I used the usb output of the Lumin to connect to my D10x's usb input. I found the sound much better than the Lumin X1 analog output and heard the same attributes I hear from using the D10x as a disc player.

I subsequently sold my Lumin X1 so I'm not using the usb input now, but there's a good chance I'm going to get the Luxman NT-07 when it's released in the USA to utilize the D10x as the DAC for streaming audio. The usb input of the D10x made enough of a positive impression on me to want to move in that direction.

Last edited:

khragon

May 20, 2022
I don't have extensive experience using the usb input but when I owned a Lumin X1 (Lumin's flagship streamer), I used the usb output of the Lumin to connect to my D10x's usb input. I found the sound much better than the Lumin X1 analog output and heard the same attributes I hear from using the D10x as a disc player.

I subsequently sold my Lumin X1 so I'm not using the usb input now, but there's a good chance I'm going to get the Luxman NT-07 when it's released in the USA to utilize the D10x as the DAC for streaming audio. The usb input of the D10x made enough of a positive impression on me to want to move in that direction.
Good to know that the USB input exhibits the same positive attributes as the CD portion, that's very encouraging to hear. Thanks for that feedback.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing