l01_s.jpg
l02_s.jpg

l03_s.jpg

The msrp in Japan is ¥1,200,000.

Last edited:

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Every aspects (chassis, transport mechanism, internal clock, analog section, powersupply section ... etc) have been improved and should surpass the D-08u for sure.

However the most interesting new feature is that it employs a new dac chip : the ROHM MUS-IC BD34301EKV :

hifi2.png
https://micro.rohm.com/en/mus-ic/

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Reactions: Cleese74

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
My friend TLi has flied to Tokyo to attend the Tokyo International Audio Show 2019 (TIAS) on 22-24 Nov.

The D-10X was paired with M900u monos and Focal speakers at the Show.

IMG-20191122-WA0023~2.jpg
IMG-20191122-WA0025~2.jpg

Reactions: sbo6

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong

mtakeda

Apr 11, 2018
This D-10X catalog is in Japanese but the photos will make many of you drooling saliva for sure!
:p

https://www.luxman.co.jp/asset/catalog/D-10X_catalog_pl.pdf
I wonder if you have had opportunity of hearing the new SACD player S-3 from the Soulnote in Japan. There was u tube review made some Hongkong
This D-10X catalog is in Japanese but the photos will make many of you drooling saliva for sure!
:p

https://www.luxman.co.jp/asset/catalog/D-10X_catalog_pl.pdf
By the way did you watch u tube review by Hong Kong resident on the new sacd player called S-3 by Soulnote in Japan? Since he narrated in Chinese I do not know what he was talking about but as a extremely happy owner of this model i would recommend highly for you to audition it.

Reactions: John57 and CKKeung

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Yes, the Soulnote S3 is aweaome!
You must be referring to this youtube rwview :

Reactions: SCAudiophile

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Great and have you audition it ?
Not yet, but will have an opportunity to do so soon, because the Hiendy Club in HK will have it for demo and for review writing in maybe 2 weeks' time.

mtakeda

Apr 11, 2018
Thank you for your post. I will be looking forward to your review as I got this three weeks ago after lengthy home audition and am astonished everyday to hear something new from the CD and especially sacd which I did not hear in the past. Your experiences in real high end gears will be something very special for us.

Reactions: CKKeung

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Thank you for your post. I will be looking forward to your review as I got this three weeks ago after lengthy home audition and am astonished everyday to hear something new from the CD and especially sacd which I did not hear in the past. Your experiences in real high end gears will be something very special for us.
Hello Metakeda,
Thanks very much for your kind words.
I guess you may be in Japan?

Have you listened to the D-10X before buying the S3?
If yes, please share with WBF brothers your view on them.
Thanks again!
:)

mtakeda

Apr 11, 2018
Thank you, CK. Yes i am in Japan. I did I not audition to D10 partly because I bought D8 and used for more than five years but never felt the sound of sacd outstanding. But S3 is totally different story. Such huge dynamic presentation, retrieval of low revel details and overtone. My once dead SACD libraries are now my treaury. I grant I have never heard Vivaldi four stack and MSB but I feel S3 elevate my listening pleasure to the peak. I hope you can share my excitement but please be straight after your audition as you do not need to be concerned with my feeling.

Reactions: CKKeung

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Thank you, CK. Yes i am in Japan. I did I not audition to D10 partly because I bought D8 and used for more than five years but never felt the sound of sacd outstanding. But S3 is totally different story. Such huge dynamic presentation, retrieval of low revel details and overtone. My once dead SACD libraries are now my treaury. I grant I have never heard Vivaldi four stack and MSB but I feel S3 elevate my listening pleasure to the peak. I hope you can share my excitement but please be straight after your audition as you do not need to be concerned with my feeling.
Whats the selling price of the S3 in Japan please?

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
SACDs are always treasures! :cool:

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
The retail price in Japan is 1280,000 yen before tax.
Thanks Mtakeda!
The S3 and D-10X are at similar price points.
Must be competitors in Japan.
It's a pity that Soulnote is not as wellknown as Luxman in countries outside Japan.

mtakeda

Apr 11, 2018
Good morning. Yes it is triangle competition between Esoteric K1x, Lux 10X and Soulnote S3. In my experiences it has been my feeling that SACD, CD is not worthy option until I started using S-3. I quickly bought the top model of crystal clock unit made by the company called Sfortzart.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing