Luxman's new D-10X flagship sacd player

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Good morning. Yes it is triangle competition between Esoteric K1x, Lux 10X and Soulnote S3. In my experiences it has been my feeling that SACD, CD is not worthy option until I started using S-3. I quickly bought the top model of crystal clock unit made by the company called Sfortzart.
Morning Mtakeda,

IMHO the price of Esoteric K1x is more than 2 times of D-10X & S3.
The Esoteric K-01xd may be a more appropriate competitor for the latter two.
:)

Sforzato of Japan is famous for making audiophile 10M clock.
May we know which top model 10M clock have you bought?

BTW Sforzato's 10M clock models seems to be quite confusing.
There are diff models on their Japanese website (Norma/Circinus/Pyxis/PMC-03) and international website (PMC-00EX/010EX/015EX/02EX).
http://www.sfz.co.jp/%e8%a3%bd%e5%93%81
https://sfz.world/pmc.html

Please tell us what's happening.
Thanks a lot again!

mtakeda

Apr 11, 2018
I felt Esoteric K-1x is more or less direct competitive mode to S-3 based on my fan boy prejudice to S-3. Sorry. I bought PMC Circinus. Mr. Omata of SFZ is a really nice guy to allow me to do home audition for two weeks. But why does he choose such difficult name for the products? Beyond me. None the less the clock widens the sound stage so much. I am very pleased.

Reactions: CKKeung

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
I felt Esoteric K-1x is more or less direct competitive mode to S-3 based on my fan boy prejudice to S-3. Sorry. I bought PMC Circinus. Mr. Omata of SFZ is a really nice guy to allow me to do home audition for two weeks. But why does he choose such difficult name for the products? Beyond me. None the less the clock widens the sound stage so much. I am very pleased.
That you are saying the ¥1280k Soulnote S3 can fight with the ¥2800k Eaoteric K-1X means a lot already.
The S3 must be really something!
;)

Let's see if the Luxman D-10X can challenge the S3 or not.

John57

Sep 29, 2015
Melbourne, Australia
I wonder if you have had opportunity of hearing the new SACD player S-3 from the Soulnote in Japan. There was u tube review made some Hongkong

By the way did you watch u tube review by Hong Kong resident on the new sacd player called S-3 by Soulnote in Japan? Since he narrated in Chinese I do not know what he was talking about but as a extremely happy owner of this model i would recommend highly for you to audition it.
The vid has English translation on the unboxing vid anyway...

mtakeda

Apr 11, 2018
Hi, Ackerman,
I found the store by the name of Aria Audio in your place has S-3 in the store and you can audition it. Just for your info.

mtakeda

Apr 11, 2018
I wanted to post this message to ckkueing. I do not under stash how Ackerman showed up.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Somehow a lot of mistyping. Sorry.
Hi Mtakeda,
How about you start a Soulnote S-3 thread on the digital tranaport / dac forum?
And please put some photos of your S-3 and your comments there.

We can then chim in.

This current thread is afterall a Luxman D-10X thread.
Thanks!
;)

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
Yes, the Soulnote S3 is aweaome!
You must be referring to this youtube rwview :

How would you characterize the SoulNote SACD/CD Player and DAC versus say Esoteric's offerings (P02-X, D-02X) or K1X or 4-box?

Apologies for off-topic post; don't see a SoulNote thread as yet...perhaps once should be started.

Also hoping to see more feedback on this Luxman D-10X

mtakeda

Apr 11, 2018
Good morning. There was the posting on S-3 somewhere and I posted my response. I hope it will meet your preference of the posting rule and your question here. I have never had opportunity to compare this with the others you mentioned. But i will not buy any major equipment without home audition. I heard this at my home for two weeks and was convinced.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
How would you characterize the SoulNote SACD/CD Player and DAC versus say Esoteric's offerings (P02-X, D-02X) or K1X or 4-box?
Apologies for off-topic post; don't see a SoulNote thread as yet...perhaps once should be started.
Also hoping to see more feedback on this Luxman D-10X
I have yet to audition the Soulnote S3.
The Luxman D-10X has not arrived in HK yet.
I shall listen to all three of them once feasible and report on WBF.

These are links Mtakeda mentioned :
http://www.sumiya-sg.co.jp/blog/souleso/index.html
http://www.sumiya-sg.co.jp/blog/k01xd/index.html
Please read with google translate.

Reactions: SCAudiophile

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Pls listen to what Steve Guttenberg has said :

Fidelity88

Jan 22, 2020
Hi CCKeung,

Have you got a chance to audition the Luxman D-10X? How would you think this CD player performance in comparison to the Totaldac Seven or Direct?

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Hi CCKeung,

Have you got a chance to audition the Luxman D-10X? How would you think this CD player performance in comparison to the Totaldac Seven or Direct?
Hi Fidelity88,
Not yet.
The local Luxman dealer is slow during thebpandemic.
Listened to the D-03X but the D-10X is still not available here.
:confused:

RaChiK

Sep 13, 2020
Thought to let you all know my experience with Luxman D-10X. I got the unit last week and it has been broken in after nearly 100 hours. I play some MQA CDs and mostly stream roon via USB. I mostly listen vocals (female), Jazz, instrumentals, R/B, classic and soft pop/indie. The dac in D-10X is very special and musical. Soundstage is wide and deep, very holographic and detailed with separation of instruments. The presentation has 3D like aura. The best part are the mids. Voices, especially female vocals, seem laid back but organic and life like. Nothing screams to your face, instruments are just well dispersed in air. Bass is very well defined. It plays MQA files a gem. I could not be more happier.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing