M-700u

sidvee

Jan 12, 2014
Hyderabad, India
I just bought this amp. to drive Wilson Sabrinas. Is there any recommended break in period for Luxman amps after which optimum sound is achieved? There was no mention of it in the manual. It is sounding great with about 7-8 hours of use, but I feel that my Symphonic Line Kraft 250 amplifier has a better grip on mid bass (of-course it is a more powerful amp.).
Cheers,
Sid

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
The m900u is a much better amp than the 700u but the Kraft is a much more powerful amp and better in the bass, and I have not compared them next to each other but won't be surprised if the Kraft is better. In fact I was suggesting to user211 here who owns Apogees and now likes the Luxman m800a to try the Kraft.

sidvee

Jan 12, 2014
Hyderabad, India
Yes that is what I was suspecting. Anyways I have a 2nd setup with easier to drive ATC SCM20v2 and I will plan to move the luxman there and bring the Kraft back.
Cheers,
Sid

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Yes, the Luxman has many great qualities, absolute bass control not being one of them, unfortunately.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing