Magico delivery times

WDW

May 24, 2011
BC, Canada
Hello All,
Awaiting delivery of a new pair of A5's but the two month delivery window discussed has moved to the end of the third with our sales guy now ignoring email entreaties as to any further info on delivery dates.
Anyone having longer than expected delivery times?
I hear of horrible supple chain issues in many industries so this delay may simply be beyond Magico's control but wondering how others may be faring.
Cheers,

bryans

VIP/Donor
Dec 26, 2017
Sorry I can not offer any helpful information but to me there is no excuse for not replying back to your inquiries. Even if they are having supply chain issues, you should get a response from them.

I'm considering new speakers this year and Magico are one of the companies I would like to give a listen to. Hopefully you get your A5 soon. Congrats on the purchase as I have heard they are great speakers.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Amazon Prime are promising same day delivery of M9 spkrs. That's unbeatable.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Sorry I can not offer any helpful information but to me there is no excuse for not replying back to your inquiries. Even if they are having supply chain issues, you should get a response from them.

I'm considering new speakers this year and Magico are one of the companies I would like to give a listen to. Hopefully you get your A5 soon. Congrats on the purchase as I have heard they are great speakers.
Please be sure to recognize that the OP said his sales rep, from ???, and not Magico that is not responding to his emails. As a Magico dealer I have not experienced any major delays. Although it depends where someone is located of course, as shipping, and especially international shipping has turned into a real adventure.

I can guarantee you that Magico DOES return all emails, can't speak for a specific dealer that might be involved.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

WDW

May 24, 2011
BC, Canada
Please be sure to recognize that the OP said his sales rep, from ???, and not Magico that is not responding to his emails. As a Magico dealer I have not experienced any major delays. Although it depends where someone is located of course, as shipping, and especially international shipping has turned into a real adventure.

I can guarantee you that Magico DOES return all emails, can't speak for a specific dealer that might be involved.
Wasn’t intending to cast blame at all but only to ascertain if a three month lead time is now somewhat standard in these extraordinary times or to see if it may end up at four for North American delivery.
Seems everyone has back-ordered product and dealers may be reticent to make predictions that they might not be able to fulfil so empathize with their dilemma. I also assume the recent price increase for the A5’s has also caused a spike in sales with customers buying before it was introduced.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Wasn’t intending to cast blame at all but only to ascertain if a three month lead time is now somewhat standard in these extraordinary times or to see if it may end up at four for North American delivery.
Seems everyone has back-ordered product and dealers may be reticent to make predictions that they might not be able to fulfil so empathize with their dilemma. I also assume the recent price increase for the A5’s has also caused a spike in sales with customers buying before it was introduced.
Lead times can slip a few weeks or a month, nothing unusual from Magico or any other rmanufacturer in these new times that we find ourselves in. I am quite sure there are not any serious delays from Magico with regards to products shipping.

I would suggest that if you have any communication issues with your dealer or need information with regards to your shipment to contact Peter Mackay at Magico. Peter is always very helpful peter@magico.net

WDW

May 24, 2011
BC, Canada
"...contact Peter Mackay at Magico. Peter is always very helpful..."
yes, did contact Peter about a month ago and, yes, is true, he is exceedingly helpful.
Was just fishing to get a sense if I should prepare myself for any further time before delivery...naturally, we're looking forward to the A5's.
Thanks

WDW

May 24, 2011
BC, Canada
codicil to the above...speakers were sent out on Monday and my dealer upgraded the shipping so delivered, if all goes well, this Wednesday...two days from Cali to Vancouver, BC.
Tremendous.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Kudos to Magico for having a backlog.

Soundrulz

Aug 28, 2022
Hello All,
Awaiting delivery of a new pair of A5's but the two month delivery window discussed has moved to the end of the third with our sales guy now ignoring email entreaties as to any further info on delivery dates.
Anyone having longer than expected delivery times?
I hear of horrible supple chain issues in many industries so this delay may simply be beyond Magico's control but wondering how others may be faring.
Cheers,
I ordered in Feb. and still don’t have a delivery date. Since Stereophile rated them high and they won speaker and component of the year, Magico most likely is slammed with orders.
So still waiting.

Soundrulz

Aug 28, 2022
Just heard from my dealer that they should arrive next week.

Reactions: Audire and ICUToo

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Just heard from my dealer that they should arrive next week.
Our M3s took a while to ship as well. Like 8 weeks or so. Magico runs batches for their different lines.

As was already stated the A5s are very popular - and for good reason, excellent sound at an affordable price.

They will take them a while to break in. Eagerly awaiting your impressions when they do.

Soundrulz

Aug 28, 2022
Imaging is awesome. Bass is opening up. Guessing will need another few weeks to break in.

Soundrulz

Aug 28, 2022
A5’s arrived yesterday. Woohoo!! Now need to break in. Running Tidal playlist all day long. After, I will move around for best sound/position.

Soundrulz

Aug 28, 2022
It’s been a few weeks now with my A5’s. All this time I’ve been listening with the grills on. Which by the way are very high quality. Got them since I have pets and didn’t want them to damage any of the drivers.
Well, removing the grills, holy @#$& imaging is fantastic!
Bass has opened up and getting better every day.
I have my dealer coming by in a few days for final alignment / placement.
Not sure how much I can turn up the volume. I have Bryston 28B3 that are rated at 1,800 watts into 4ohms. Lot’s of fun!
I find even at low volumes, background music they sound incredible.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing