Magico M3 latest Changes - Pods with spikes

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
I talked to Magico about Stillpoints and the problem they seemed to have at the time was that the Stillpoints move. Magico must have presumed their use would make the speakers less grounded. Their footers seem to couple their speakers to the floor as well as prevent some cabinet vibrations from reaching the floor. I don't know if the Stillpoints achieved those same goals. But yes, I do see the irony that you point out about the importance of specialty footers to speakers

WDW

May 24, 2011
BC, Canada
Hello Peter,

I am on the ISO-Acoustics emailing list so just received this info. I was awaiting the release of these heavier Titans as a possible solution for my Q3's. It appears they will be available in the coming month. Am also quite interested in trying these as the SPOD pricing seems high to me and would be, in a sense, money lost, if ever moving up to the M3 or simply selling.

I am also interested in their equipment footers as per the screenshot below..likely to give these a try in the near future

(Note: did you see the thread I started here concerning the need to tighten the screws on the Q series?...was quite audible to me...link below)

Some useful info for any Q series owners

Best,
Warren

Seriously OT but wanted to relay our recent experience with Orea footers, as shown above. Installed three of the Indigo below our stacked DEVIALET monoblocks and the influence/improvement was completely unexpected but totally dramatic. The slow and fast of music is so more clearly realized, our bass definition increased, etc...check them out.
These guys historically been servicing the Pro market so their work has a few more bone fides than the Ted Denny magic bean crowd but more importantly the price point is so completely reasonable. No multitiered pricing based on escalating esoteric material counts as per Nordost, et.al.

Available on-line from:
http://audiow3.com/
Really do suggest you check them out.
Best 96E6ECAB-87CB-4242-8AA4-99411172198D.jpeg 96E6ECAB-87CB-4242-8AA4-99411172198D.jpeg

Last edited:

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
Since 32 pounds is the biggest load they support, I suspect the M3 will squash them. :)

WDW

May 24, 2011
BC, Canada
Since 32 pounds is the biggest load they support, I suspect the M3 will squash them. :)
Sorry for the confusion...these guys are for equipment further up the chain but have a look up this thread where there was some talk about ISO Acoustics footers which are designed for the weight of a Q3 (my speaker).
I had posted about these but then also mentioned these “footers”...see post 15 and 18.

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
I considered using Stillpoints Ultra 5's under my S5 Mk1's at one point, but in the end accepted Magico's advice that their speakers are designed to be coupled to the floor, not de-coupled (which is what the Stillpoints devices do). The SPods combine spikes to couple the speaker to the floor with constrained layer damping - best of both worlds. That will be my next purchase!

Last edited:
Reactions: CKKeung

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Anyone else chuckling that Magico released its own feet after telling people not to use Stillpoints lol.

Well, I would find it ironic if Magico's speaker footers actually sounded like the Stillpoints, (LOL) but until someone has actually compared the two, I don't find any humor in Magico developing their own specialized footers. It seems to be quite a serious attempt at addressing the issue. I have heard the effect of MPods under the M Pro.

TLi

May 27, 2016
Well, I would find it ironic if Magico's speaker footers actually sounded like the Stillpoints, (LOL) but until someone has actually compared the two, I don't find any humor in Magico developing their own specialized footers. It seems to be quite a serious attempt at addressing the issue. I have heard the effect of MPods under the M Pro.

I used to have Stillpoints Ultra 5 under my M Project. They sounded great. Stillpoints gives a sharp image and sharper sound. Ultra 5 has stronger bass than SS.

Now I changed to M6 for almost one year. I compared Ultra 5 with MPod. MPod sounds softer than Ultra 5, more mellow and present. I mixed MPod and Ultra 5 for sometime. With two MPod's in front and one Ultra 5 at the back is a fairly good compromise between the two. The final arrangement depends on personal taste. I now settled with all MPod. Since M6 has very good resolution, it doesn't not need Stillpoints to boost the image.

A note on the coupling of speaker to the floor, simply nailing the speaker to the floor does not give good sound. The floor vibrates with music and there is a phase delay to the music when the vibration goes back to the speaker. It will reduce the resolution of the sound.

Nataraja

Oct 12, 2018
Thank you, TLi, i wonder if someone has listened to M6 driven by D`Agostino or Vitus yet, but i guess this is not the topic for his question :)

WDW

May 24, 2011
BC, Canada
All,

Just heard the IsoAcoustic Titan Theis is now commercially available. This is the model recommended by Iso Acoustics for the Q3.

From a Canadian on-line seller, prices below (CAD)

For your information we just received the IsoAcoustics Titan series.
The price are: Titan Chronos (set of 4) $1999.99 / Titan Rhea (set of 4) $1499.99 / Titan Theis (set of 4) $1099.99
We will add it on our web site (in stock) tonight or tomorrow.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing