Magico M9 >>>>Fulfillment

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Bob, I also suspect that some of your clients might be moving out of the city and more permanently on Long Island or along the Hudson or in New Jersey. Your client demographic seems to have left the city with the pandemic and they may not move back.

It’s nice to read that your business is booming.

Reactions: Bobvin

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Bob, I also suspect that some of your clients might be moving out of the city and more permanently on Long Island or along the Hudson or in New Jersey. Your client demographic seems to have left the city with the pandemic and they may not move back.

It’s nice to read that your business is booming.

Very astute observation Peter. A LOT of my NYC customers have vacated the city since March. Although many of them have second or third abodes. Several have been buying for their other places vs. their NYC residences. I think most will not sell their NYC residences, but they won't live there for the foreseeable future.

I had a great year $$$ in 2019. I did as much as I did in 2019 by April of 2020, then doubled that again to the present. I feel VERY fortunate.

Last edited:
Reactions: CKKeung and Bobvin

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Bob, my younger brother lives in New York City and would be a customer of yours if he were interested in high-end audio. He moved his whole family out to eastern Long Island in March. He gave me a long list of reasons why he hopes to not have to return to the city full-time for his work downtown but I don’t want to get into those reasons on this thread because of Ron‘s censorship.

Suffice it to say that I suspect you will be selling larger speakers for larger rooms because your clients will no longer be as restricted by space because their primary may well be outside of Manhattan.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Bob, my younger brother lives in New York City and would be a customer of yours if he were interested in high-end audio. He moved his whole family out to eastern Long Island in March. He gave me a long list of reasons why he hopes to not have to return to the city full-time for his work downtown but I don’t want to get into those reasons on this thread because of Ron‘s censorship.

Suffice it to say that I suspect you will be selling larger speakers for larger rooms because your clients will no longer be as restricted by space because their primary may well be outside of Manhattan.

Yes, the stories of former NYC workers are endless at this point. Lot's of different reasons for departure.

Rhapsody has a strong NYC area presence, BUT Rhapsody probably do 60% of it's business outside of NY state. With Alsyvox, Diesis and Bayz we sell the all over the US.

With the M9s, other Magico dealers will be able to sell them, but currently Rhapsody will be the only stocking dealer in the US, but of course that could change in the future.

M9s will be great and I feel very fortunate to have them "on the way", but I'm actually more excited about the A5s that I am listening to right now AND I feel most importantly about the future Magico offerings with the M9 technology at more reasonable size and price points.

Strap on the seat belts.....

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Reactions: GMKF

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
Bob, this is soooo exciting! I'm thrilled you are not just surviving but excelling.

Now, here's and obvious one and a tough one......
If the new midrange and caps in the A5 are the same as the M9, do you know if Magico has plans to revise some current speakers in their line accordingly with the same?
And for the tough one, what does this say about their M6? I am am reading between the lines correctly, since you are enamored with the A5 midrange driver and new caps, does this render the sound of the M6 well...obsolete is not the right word but if the A5 midrange is the same as the M9 and SOA, well, you get the idea.

Tobes

Sep 10, 2011
Everyone else is free to talk about what they hear, and explain it to others, but for me personally it doesn't really matter until I personally have the opportunity to hear something before I can discuss it intelligently. That's just me.

Yes of course, one can't intelligently discuss the sound of a component without hearing it.
However I'm not sure how this excludes passing on some listening impressions of the M9 - assuming you've heard it(?).
No matter, I guess I'll read about it eventually.;)

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Bob, this is soooo exciting! I'm thrilled you are not just surviving but excelling.

Now, here's and obvious one and a tough one......
If the new midrange and caps in the A5 are the same as the M9, do you know if Magico has plans to revise some current speakers in their line accordingly with the same?
And for the tough one, what does this say about their M6? I am am reading between the lines correctly, since you are enamored with the A5 midrange driver and new caps, does this render the sound of the M6 well...obsolete is not the right word but if the A5 midrange is the same as the M9 and SOA, well, you get the idea.

Marty,

I misspoke about the Mundorf caps being the same in the M9 and A5. There is new technology derived from the M9 in the A5s with respect to mostly the midrange drivers, bass drivers as well, and then the Xovers. Let's leave it at that for now:)

Magico as explained in "Why we do the things we do" in these Magico recent newsletters https://www.magicoaudio.com/news details out everything about the Magico technology (Cabinets, drivers, Xovers). This development for years and years has resulted in the M9.

It just so happened that the A5 was the next Magico speaker to be produced and lessons learned, NOT specific parts, that were learned in the years prior leading to the M9s, allowed the A5s in some areas to be a revelation, imho.

The advancement that I am hearing with the A5s is mostly due to the new Magico drivers, mainly the cones and the foam surround in the mid range, the bass drivers as well.

Last edited:

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
I will miss that view of Gotham from your current digs Bob. A comic book rendition to be sure. You might have to take a photo and blow it up to attach to the wall in one of your new listening rooms. :cool:

An don't lose the laboratory gestalt!

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Yes of course, one can't intelligently discuss the sound of a component without hearing it.
However I'm not sure how this excludes passing on some listening impressions of the M9 - assuming you've heard it(?).
No matter, I guess I'll read about it eventually.;)

I heard and have been listening to the A5 for a month. I did not hear the M9. So I would not do any type of comparisons, but I can guesstimate that we are talking different planets between the A5 and the M9 in sonic performance. Although tech that was developed for the M9 trickled down to the A5.

Reactions: Tobes

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
THX PETER! It will surely be an adventure, but the last six months have already been an unimaginable adventure:)

The great part for Rhapsody is that our lease is up mid 2021 and more importantly spaces are going to be available in the city like never before. A LOT of businesses are leaving the city.

At this point Rhapsody needs a full floor and that's what we will be looking for. Rhapsody needs at least three listening areas. That's the plan.

Expanding in an exodus is whats its all about Bob ..

:)

Reactions: ALF and Rhapsody

tobiasrankin

Mar 7, 2020
Congrats on the M9 looks to be truly incredible. I wonder how it will stack up against all the other super speakers in the world.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Congrats on the M9 looks to be truly incredible. I wonder how it will stack up against all the other super speakers in the world.

imho.....it's going to stack up:)

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
I really don't subscribe to better or best, especially at this level. Even at much less expensive levels once you get to a certain point, if a system is well set up, the room is good, then it's all just different to me vs. better or best.

I would bet everything in my human possession that the M9s will not have competition that will be "better", just different.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Ehm....did gravity suddenly kick in?[/QUOTE

Sorry, you are intellectually above my pay grade, no idea what your question means:confused:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
My guess is gravity pulled jaw to the floor

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
My guess is gravity pulled jaw to the floor

Thx Ked, for this old mind:) Makes sense. I thought about it for 2 minutes and could not figure it out, but I didn't have coffee yet:) Even after coffee I don't think it would have come to me.

Reactions: Bobvin

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing