Magico S5 Review by Myles Astor in VIDEO

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
I am so proud of Myles' review of the S5, he is one of the greatest reviewers of all time, especially in video, he's made for the camera. I filmed it and watched Myles do an expert adlib, there is no script!

http://www.avshowrooms.com/Magico_S5_Speaker.html

myles 700.jpg

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
I have to agree. Just watched all three parts. It was excellent. I had heard the S5 twice at dealers and was not overly impressed until I heard them at a friend's house. He also has the Wilson Alexia. The S5 is extremely good and Myles did a great job describing the speaker. Loved the format. Thank you Peter.

Don C

Jul 20, 2013
USA
The video reviews are quite good, however the audio playback sections are worthless for evaluation, and should be dropped!

puroagave

Member Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
The video reviews are quite good, however the audio playback sections are worthless for evaluation, and should be dropped!

it is amazing what one can hear...when i output the audio from my lap top to a schiit dac/headphone amp thru mid level AKG cans. on my desk top system one can tell the cyndee peters on tape is many cuts above the LP - and on an unfamiliar system, off a video no less!

Don C

Jul 20, 2013
USA
it is amazing what one can hear...when i output the audio from my lap top to a schiit dac/headphone amp thru mid level AKG cans. on my desk top system one can tell the cyndee peters on tape is many cuts above the LP - and on an unfamiliar system, off a video no less!

You have a very good imagination! Perhaps you should buy a Magico.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010

Then we will go off saying that mp3 is not transparent ...

I will watch that video later. I will focus on what Myles says rather than what other sounds are heard .. I cannot understand the concept of judging a system sound quality through an mp3 video

Last edited:

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
Well done Myles. I actually thought the music was worth hearing- not for our critical listening, but it gave us an insight as to your sonic references. Also, I loved the Suryodaya and just bought it on Amazon. What I'd really love to get is a sense for is how the S5s compare to the Rockport Aviors, which I think are around the same price (30K).

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Well done Myles. I actually thought the music was worth hearing- not for our critical listening, but it gave us an insight as to your sonic references. Also, I loved the Suryodaya and just bought it on Amazon. What I'd really love to get is a sense for is how the S5s compare to the Rockport Aviors, which I think are around the same price (30K).

Good call...I have read very good things about Avior, and generally like Rockports a lot.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing