Major Muffin Meister Needed!

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Tinka has used the stay-at-home to do some serious baking. She made an excellent cheesecake on the very first try!

She asked me to suggest another baked product, and I suggested: "Blueberry muffins, just like the ones we get at Whole Foods."

Well, who would've known that the world of muffins is as fiendishly complex as the world of vintage 300Bs?!?!

There are muffins called "blueberry muffins."

There are muffins called "blueberry corn muffins."

There are muffins called "blueberry cornbread muffins."

There are muffins called "blueberry cornmeal muffins."

:eek:

I am going muffin crazy!!!

Would our resident Major Muffin Meister please define, explain, and compare and contrast these blueberry muffin variations (before I go o_O and have a major muffin break-down)?

Last edited:

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
So Ron, does your little system there take you to the muffins? Or do the muffins come to you?

Reactions: tima

rando

Sep 22, 2019
Blueberry Bran Muffins

Let’s talk the science of blueberry bran muffins (that sounds fun, right?) Bran absorbs liquid in the batter keeping the muffins moist. It also functions to cut through strands of gluten as they form, which means softer, more tender results.

Link is for reference purposes only. More complete recipes exist that for instance note the need to toast the bran in an oven beforehand.

I'm taking quite literally the fact she wishes to make muffins just like that food chain. Their's is a complex buildup of multiple 'types' of blueberry muffins balanced through food science and much much much much trial and error to find a pleasant tasting repeatable result that also presents well. Suggesting bran as a jumping off point was intended to be mentally stimulating.

No good recipe goes untainted by the one sharing it! ;)

Last edited:

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
So Ron, does your little system there take you to the muffins? Or do the muffins come to you?

I am afraid I do not understand this at all. Tinka did not understand it either.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Can someone put up a video so that we can sample the different muffins

Reactions: Ron Resnick

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
I’ll post a honey bran muffin recipe later. Really versatile as you can add nuts and berries. Easy to make and healthy too.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
SUCCESS!

Thank you, Tinka!

CB1061BB-EBC1-43A8-B304-73CB5134EF1D.jpeg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing