Mama Mia-Here We Go Again

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
We caught an afternoon matinee today and saw this movie.

I must say that I always liked the music of Abba. I saw the stage show twice and the movie a few times so I didn't know what to expect today.

We really enjoyed it. It is the prequel to Mama Mia with all characters portrayed in their youth

Amanda Seyfried is drop dead gorgeous and an accomplished singer.

Two big cameo roles with Cher and Meryl Streep showing up at the end (if not in body then on spirit)

The girl who plays young Donna is a budding star and is best remembered in her role in Baby Driver Lily James. She too played a fabulous part

The editing between both stories was well entwined .

The music as always was fun to watch and Kristine Baranski was her usual funny self.

If you liked the first one then you'll enjoy this one

Interesting to note that Tom Hanks and his wife Rita Wilson were executive producers

I would not be surprised if this ends up on Broadway in the future

mullard88

Jun 5, 2010
I watched this movie twice today. For me, it was the best movie that I have watched this year. The audience on my second time were singing along.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Steve
We also has the opportunity to see it yesterday and I thought it was far more enjoyable than the first movie. Lily James who I first saw in Downton Abby had a much better voice than anticipated.

I too enjoyed how they weaved past and present storylines throughout. They did a very good job of fitting songs with the overall storyline. Very surprised to see the Streep cameo at the end.

Its good to walk out of a theater with a smile on your face every so often.

Steve Williams

Steve
We also has the opportunity to see it yesterday and I thought it was far more enjoyable than the first movie. Lily James who I first saw in Downton Abby had a much better voice than anticipated.

I too enjoyed how they weaved past and present storylines throughout. They did a very good job of fitting songs with the overall storyline. Very surprised to see the Streep cameo at the end.

Its good to walk out of a theater with a smile on your face every so often.

we have the same taste in film Jim

We thoroughly enjoyed the flm and as we both said the editing was so seamless that sometimes I had to pause and think was I in the present or in the past. Lily James IMO carried the prequel part of the story. I was surprised at how good she could sing

The men on the other hand still can't sing to save themselves but the enjoyment of watching the film had us as well leaving the theater with a smile on our faces.

I'm betting it will become a Broadway play in the future

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada

Steve Williams

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
Bob, this thread is about Mamma Mia, Here I Come Again. Please limit discussion to the topic and one's impressions of the film. Start new threads if you wish to post about something else.

Lee

mullard88

Jun 5, 2010
I'm just wondering why the three dads were not in their hippie outfits in the flashback scenes.

I've been listening to my old Abba cds for 5 nights already.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
This movie is getting me in trouble. I was in Las Vegas with my wife probably 15 years ago when the stage version first opened at Mandalay Bay. I had no interest and refused to go see it - didn't think I could take two hours of ABBA.

She is still mad about it and every time she sees a reference to the movie she gives me "the look."

I'll be glad when this is out of theaters! :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing