Mark Levinson 536

wizard

Oct 17, 2010
wizard-highend.blogspot.com
Inside

536 uses 6 - 15A Onsemi NJL 1302DG PNP and NJL 3281DG NPN bipolar output transistors = 90A output current.

steve59

Jan 7, 2018
I heard those amps drive my Revel Salon 2's and I bought the speakers right there! In hindsight I might have bought anything those amps were driving.

Reactions: ozy

allhifi

Jun 19, 2016
ML 534, 536 no doubt superb -as most Levinson gear.

Recently, I found a No. 53 ML power amp brochure and wondered deeply about ML's claim that their then new flagship outperformed competitor's amps and even all previously manufactured ML (A/B) amps !
Telling us/the reader they pursued relentless blind/sighted listening tests, flew people around the world and these class "D" amps beat them all.

Yeh right. I notice No. 53 amps are nearly impossible to sell/re-sell; definitely a sign of great, highly sought-after audio ! Lol.

I'll bet a 20-year old No. 333 ML amp is better than the 53's. However, the NO. 52 (Pre) looks mighty fine.

It appears whoever commissioned this class "D""amp for ML Reference" status understands not the notion of time-honored, Collective Wisdom. Mercifully, someone at Harmon thought of just that and decided that perhaps a "conventional" tried/true A/B amplifiers may serve the the brand and audiophile community the best. Good thing they did.

peter jasz
(P>S. What were they thinking ?)

• Wow
Reactions: Hamburger

masterapex1

Feb 15, 2022
I had a chance to compare this 536 vs older 333 Pass Lab , McIntosh, Bel Canto Class D , Benchmark AHB2.
It does have more dynamic and transparency.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing