Mark Levinson N360S

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
Hi all,

I have a very old DAC : Mark Levinson N360S.
I search an upgrade, but it's a big question...
I play it with an Esoteric K-03XS and an Grimm CC1 Clock.
Esoteric is connected with a Furutech Flux 50 NCF.
Grimm CC1 Clock is connected with a Furutech Flux 50 NCF.
I can not connect Mark Levinson N360S with a Furutech Flux 50 NCF.

It's sad to say, but it's real that DAC ML 360S has a better sound than my player Esoteric K-03XS.
There is no doubt.

I use K-03XS for the few SACD I have.

So if you have some advice to improve the sound of the CD player...

Thanks

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
The 360S was and still is a great dac. If you are looking fo a more modern dac that can play hires files then maybe denefrips or msb or mola tambaqui

Reactions: hongkongfoufou

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
Thank you very much.
I think I will keep my ML 360S.
I like not listen music with files even flac or wav.
I prefer listen music with CD or vinyl.

Reactions: Addicted to hifi

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
Yes, no streaming. You are right.
The only demonstration I like at Zurich with a streamer is the Aurender A30.
A very good surprise !
But the price is a very bad surprise too....

Reactions: Addicted to hifi

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
It's sad to say, but it's real that DAC ML 360S has a better sound than my player Esoteric K-03XS.
There is no doubt.
Makes one wonder about the new and improved models. But it is also very system dependent.

markkpa

Mar 9, 2022
I am streaming Qobuz to my Mark Levinson 360S from a MacBook Pro using Xingcore AF200 made with the Crystek CCHD-957 clocks and an AES/EBU cable. I use a separate linear power supply for the AF200 and keep my USB cable short. With this combo, the 360S sounds terrific! Playback is up to 96kHz which is easily managed by a Qobuz playback setting (I prefer 96kHz over 192kHz anyway because playback volumes are more consistent). I have the display of 360S turned off - it seems to help.

Last edited:
Reactions: hongkongfoufou

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing