Martin Colloms Presentation on Speaker Design

dcathro

Sep 16, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
Martin Colloms gave a Zoom talk to the Audiophile Society in February 2022.

Although I have appreciated his writing and reviews for many many years, this is the first time I have seen him give a talk. Some of the Q&A is particularly interesting.

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
"You absolutely have to be committed to live sound, live sound in real live spaces ..."

"When you're listening to reproduction you have to make judgements about how natural it is..."
Always liked Martin.

Reactions: gilles13 and tima

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
"You absolutely have to be committed to live sound, live sound in real live spaces ..."

"When you're listening to reproduction you have to make judgements about how natural it is..."

Get me someone in this hobby that does not agree with these general sentences - the differences come in the details ... ;)

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Get me someone in this hobby that does not agree with these general sentences - the differences come in the details ... ;)

...and in the perception.

schlager

May 7, 2015
Denmark
Yep, 1:14:35 - 1:15:08 completely BS. But for a reviewer he is probably a bit closer to the real world, than the rest of his peers.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing