Master & Dynamic MW07 Ear Pods

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I never listen to music with headphones, and I often find Bluetooth audio a little bit annoying. Yet, there are some exercises in a gym which become cumbersome if you have a wire running from a smart phone in your pocket and then along your body up to over-the -ear headphones. It’s just a bit of an unwieldy combination sometimes.

After researching Bluetooth ear pods, I received yesterday Master & Dynamic MW07s.

I was not familiar with this brand. This is a very high-quality, classy product. I am very impressed with this product.

1) The sound quality is surprisingly good (not that I care about sound quality while I’m in the gym — as long as the sound is not so screechy that I get a headache).

2) The ear pods store in a very nicely made metal case which itself is a charging platform for the devices.

3) The controls on the earpieces are actual push-buttons. (I personally find touch controls on devices this small very annoying.)

There were US$205 (in the cheapest matte black color) on Amazon.com.

There are competing models from Apple and Sony and Sennheiser, among others.

If you’re in the market for Bluetooth ear pods I highly recommend these MW07s!

Last edited:

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
I discovered some Amazon credits I didn't know I had, so I got the Sony WF1000MX3 blue tooth ear buds with noise cancellation for the gym. They are a similar kind of wireless buds that recharge in a small case. So far, i like them for gym use and they also sound surprisingly good for general use.

There is so much screeching, whining machinery and piped music at my gyms that the noise cancellation, though mild, is welcome. Sometimes I just use them without playing music for the noise cancellation.

It looks like these are reasonably mature technology now.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Yes, I saw those noise-cancelling Sonys. They look very nice too — with great reviews!

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Been using the MW07 for about a year now -- mostly at the gym -- and enjoying them. I feed them w/a Sony NW 45 DAP, makes for a really small, good-sounding package. Better than any prior bluetooth buds I've had. Comfy tips helps some too.

Reactions: Ron Resnick

nirvanana

Mar 12, 2021
Thanks for sharing. I want to know what is the difference between it and cheap Bluetooth headsets? Such as Naenka, JBL, Skullcandy.

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
SQ is def better than some JBLs I heard, don’t know on the others. The MW08 is def better than the 07s

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing