MB Performance Series and Audiodharma Cable Cooker

WLP3

Apr 6, 2022
I am having an issue with my new MB Performace Series speaker cables not being able to be conditioned on my Audiodharma Anniversary Edition Premium Cable Cooker.

The green light which indicates that the frequency sweep is active does not come on at all. The green light works with interconnects, power cable, usb cables, and other brands of speaker cable...just not the Masterbuilt. The cables seem to be working okay when they are hooked up to my amp. I have discussed at length and tested with Alan Kafton at Cable Cooker and we have verified that the cable cooker is operating properly.

One thing that might have been a factor was that the cables were terminated with spades on both ends at the factory, but I made a request to have bananas on the speaker ends which was too late and would have to be done by Von Schweikert at their facility.

Very weird...Anyone have any thoughts?

WLP3

Apr 6, 2022
Just a follow-up on my issue. I sent the cables back to VSA and are now cookable! Now sure what the issue was but we are in business now. Thanks, Damon!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing