MBL 101 X-Tremes

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012

I now have the Stillpoints Aperture diffraction panels installed on the front wall and 2 on the rear wall.
Pulling the MBL's out 58" from front wall increased the incredible imaging these speakers produce.
(This is an older photo, so they are out further from the wall and also not so much toed-in)

Last edited:

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Sorry folks. I realize I need to look up my German terms for ceiling height. 4 meters.
What are the dimensions of your room Minnesotafats ? It looks absolutely massive in the picture you sent me, you should post it here. What a beautiful room ! :)

Reactions: Minnesotafats

Don Reid

VIP/Donor
Nov 14, 2020
I wonder if anyone has tried separating the sub enclosures and distributing them around the room's walls in a distributed bass array as advocated by Dr. Earl Geddes and his disciple Duke LeJune. This might reduce or even obviate the need for bass DSP. On second thought the 100 Hz crossover might be too high for this to be a workable idea.

Minnesotafats

Aug 26, 2020
What are the dimensions of your room Minnesotafats ? It looks absolutely massive in the picture you sent me, you should post it here. What a beautiful room ! :)
Sorry for my delayed reply. The room is 32 ft deep and was originally 19ft wide but I tore down a wall so it is now 35 ft wide. However I have the speakers essentially on one side of the 35 ft wall. The ceiling height is 8ft. Concrete construction in a condo on the floors wall and ceiling

Reactions: Lagonda

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing