VIP/Donor
Aug 21, 2014
SC Low country

Hyperion

Oct 3, 2011
Stockholm/Sweden
Good morning.

Please can you explain the following to me:

a. What are the sound differences between lumin u1 & lumin u1 mini? One difference is that in u1 there is an external power supply, and another is that in u1 the dsd is up to 512.
Tell me this big money difference is justified; And if so, how?
I don't know, I'm honestly asking you.

b. The innuos zen mkiii is a very good device. Which lags behind a "pure" media streamer such as lumin u1? That is, what will I lose if I buy the innuos, instead of the u1?

Forgive me, I don't know them well and I would like your help. I want to take advantage of the money I will give in the best possible way.

Thank you very much!

As for the U1, this is the reference streamer from Lumin as of today. That being said, it's also one of the older models in the line. If your system is at the level of the U1 and you want an immediate solution, it might be worth considering. If not, I would settle with the new U1 Mini or wait for a replacement for the U1 which I believe might reach the market within the near future.

The Innuos line makes less sense if you're not interested in playing locally stored files and/or need the ripping capabilities and/or are planning to use Roon (and would prefer an integrated unit being able to run Roon Core).

Hope that helps.

/ Marcus, www.perfect-sense.se

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing