Meet the best neighbors ever

Mikem53

Oct 1, 2020
I moved further out to small community of 14 homes about 6 years ago.. I pass by a few farms on my walks.. these neighbors posed for this picture.. Sometimes they get out and you have this 800 pound beast with horns in the middle of the road to pass by.. this one guy stomped his foot and put his head down one time.. I waited him out and he turned away.. good neighbors. I was born and raised in NYC.. but a country boy by choice..
FA288384-36F0-4565-90B6-C44BD6F03535.jpeg

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Beats the big 'ol Grizzly that Mike L found outside his window recently.

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
Elk steaks anyone.....

2 Elk herds roam the hills around my home. this one was outside my gate last week and i took this picture.......what's really cool is hearing the bulls in rut bugling......talk about goose-bumps. that's primal.

View attachment 74931
They're probably just pissed because you either don't have quite enough seats for them in the barn, or you just refused to play them tape.

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
That's a beautiful photo @Mike Lavigne ! Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: Mike Lavigne

DiWil

Jul 27, 2021
South of Deux Sevres, France
I moved further out to small community of 14 homes about 6 years ago.. I pass by a few farms on my walks.. these neighbors posed for this picture.. Sometimes they get out and you have this 800 pound beast with horns in the middle of the road to pass by.. this one guy stomped his foot and put his head down one time.. I waited him out and he turned away.. good neighbors. I was born and raised in NYC.. but a country boy by choice..
View attachment 70717

We lived adjoined to this for 14 years having moved from South of London... then moved to S W France near Sauze Vaussais, where we have even more countryside...Rural..Tractors more than cars...

Attachments

• 1627593405580.jpeg
    1627593405580.jpeg
    229.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Reactions: Folsom and Mikem53

Mikem53

Oct 1, 2020
We lived adjoined to this for 14 years having moved from South of London... then moved to S W France near Sauze Vaussais, where we have even more countryside...Rural..Tractors more than cars...
That’s Awesome !! Every Time I relocate, it’s always further out away from the city.. Thats beautiful countryside you have there. Enjoy !!

DiWil

Jul 27, 2021
That’s Awesome !! Every Time I relocate, it’s always further out away from the city.. Thats beautiful countryside you have there. Enjoy !!
That was in Bexhill and although it was on the edge of an estate ours was the last property before the farm..Pebsham Farm Bexhill on Sea. East Sussex..you can get to see the changes that have ruined the area..1200 home's built nearby..a whole complex of roads stretched far and wide with more buildings in area's of Natural Beauty..Money did speak in this place and drove us out..still have good memories though of earlier times...Lucky to have found the place we live now....

rubinken

Jan 15, 2020
Olympia, WA, USA
Made me listen to "Home in the Country" on Midnight McCartney, John Pizzarelli.

"...Want a horse, I want a sheep, I wanna get me a good night's sleep..."Ha! Oh yea!

Reactions: Mikem53

DiWil

Jul 27, 2021
Many moons ago the Garden here was farmland and I know the last animals were sheep, we still get a few ticks, so keep the tick twisters at hand..Deer in the woods opposite which have a bad habit occasionally..they see a vehicle and can run in front of it..Has not happened to us so far but hd dead dee on the road..sad that..French car came along and said they would help carry it in our vehicle..we said no way..they took it..fast..
Guess that is normal to country folks but I came from London so just a townie at heart.
When we lived in UK had Pebsham Farm as a working farm at that time..first the cows then the horses then the industrial estate happened.....
027.jpg

Just the last to be drying out, and then they will be cut down to make Sunflower Oil...
just about 2 minutes away from the House here in Montalembert....29 degrees with storms overnight...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing