Meeting David in Hong Kong

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
What an opportunity last night!
My friend and I had a gathering with David in Hong Kong.
A guru, authority, master...!
I learned a lot from him!

And the gathering was so interesting because I brought my friend Thomas Li who owns an Air Force 1 Premium (and will buy the AF Zero) with me.
Haha

David on the king seat listening to Thomas' system :
IMG-20191107-WA0092~2.jpg

Dear David : Thanks so much!

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
WOW! Very cool!

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Was it an omission to close the curtains?
I viaited Thomas' home N times.
I prefer to close the window curtains, despite the nice sea view.
But he always likes to keep them open and he's the host last night.
Haha

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
The back of my bald head? Thank you Ron !
It was a real pleasure meeting this wonderful group of High Enders during my brief stay in Hong Kong, thank you for your hospitality and friendship and a special shout-out to Howie for arranging it.
Some pictures to follow next week.
David
I deliberately didn't mention why David was in Hong Kong.

I guess David will soon open another new thread on "Setting up AS2000 in Fast East ... ".
:cool:

Reactions: howiebrou

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
I was very pleased to meet David. He is a gentleman and exudes knowledge. He is also not afraid to give his opinion when asked so i could get some honest advice! i will wait for David's photos with anticipation. Hopefully he saw the nice side of Hong Kong!

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
I was very pleased to meet David. He is a gentleman and exudes knowledge. He is also not afraid to give his opinion when asked so i could get some honest advice! i will wait for David's photos with anticipation. Hopefully he saw the nice side of Hong Kong!
Howie : many thanks for your hospitality and delicious dinner!

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
I had
What do you guys drive in Hong Kong; ICE or EV?

I had a Tesla Model X but it was bought when the tax on EV's was 0%. But it is now >100% (same as ICE) depending on the value so the sale of Teslas has gone from the best selling 'luxury' vehicle to the worst....i sold mine because it was such a piece of dog shxx....

so ICE for now.

Last edited:
Reactions: NorthStar and XV-1

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Reactions: howiebrou

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Best time I had with a gang of men in Hong Kong, ever :)! I’m going to come to your place again for you cooking.
david

Reactions: gestalt and bonzo75

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

I've known David for many years. I have learned in that time, that unless you really want to know, you should never ask David "so what do you think?"

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
I've known David for many years. I have learned in that time, that unless you really want to know, you should never ask David "so what do you think?"

That is good to know, Steve. From the photo above, I see the Magico M6 and Pass XS amps. I would love to know David's impressions of Thomas' system. I see the dCS stack, but can't make out the turntable which appears to be behind the left speaker. There are clearly LPs in the room.

Looks like a great gathering and I anticipate David's new thread.

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
That is good to know, Steve. From the photo above, I see the Magico M6 and Pass XS amps. I would love to know David's impressions of Thomas' system. I see the dCS stack, but can't make out the turntable which appears to be behind the left speaker. There are clearly LPs in the room.

Looks like a great gathering and I anticipate David's new thread.

It was an AF1 Premium with SAT and Ortofon Century. Nice set up. We had an enjoyable day visiting three different systems.

Reactions: CKKeung and ack

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing