Melco S100

Aug 27, 2022
Does anyone have any experience with the Melco S100 and the S10? I can't get hold of an S10 for demo here in Sweden. I'm in two minds about the S100 with a plixir psu or the S10.

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
you can ask from Lotus Audio UK

Nov 22, 2022
Hi, we do have the S100 on display with an external power supply. Please contact us.

Nov 22, 2022
Aha - small world...:)
Anyway - let me know if we can be of assistance to you.

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Guys one off topic question - going to Stockholm end of Dec for a week. Any recommendation for some used CD store with nice selection and prices? Thanks!

Nov 22, 2022
Guys one off topic question - going to Stockholm end of Dec for a week. Any recommendation for some used CD store with nice selection and prices? Thanks!
Welcome. I suggest you look up BENGANS... /r

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Hi.
I'm going to buy the new switch from Taiko Audio, so I'm going to sell my Melco S-100 which has the Pink Faun Clock Ultra OCXO upgrade.
So if anyone is interested send me a PM.

7ryder

Jan 31, 2015
When does their switch come out?

Gunnar

VIP/Donor
Mar 24, 2021
Grand Est France
Hi.
I'm going to buy the new switch from Taiko Audio, so I'm going to sell my Melco S-100 which has the Pink Faun Clock Ultra OCXO upgrade.
So if anyone is interested send me a PM.
I saw that you now seems to have the Taiko switch. A big improvement compared to the S100 PF or ??
Gunnar

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Well, I don't know if your server isn't a Taiko Extreme, but if it is, the Switch +NIC combo is a pretty significant improvement.

Gunnar

VIP/Donor
Mar 24, 2021
Grand Est France
Well, I don't know if your server isn't a Taiko Extreme, but if it is, the Switch +NIC combo is a pretty significant improvement.
Thanks for the reply.

I don’t have the Taiko. I have a Naim streamer and an old Melco N1Z NAS. I also have a S100 PF with two Super3. The improvement the S100 PF made in my system was also significant. Even my wife was impressed. So the Taiko switch must be something special.

Reason for asking is that my project for next year (this year power cords and loudspeaker cables) is to replace my old Melco.

I have a few options. Stay with my Naim streamer and replace my Melco with their new top model or replace my Naim streamer at the same time and then go for the Taiko Extreme or the Pink Fauns Ultra. For sure need to buy a DAC also. I don’t think the letter two options means a big price difference as I can trade in my old stuff.

mmhifi

Apr 11, 2018
Had in system with Melco N100. Used it with Teddy Pardo LPS.
S100 did nothing good in that system, actually it did it more buggy. Sold.
The real game changer was Italian Faber's Cables ethernet cable - at least 50%
improving in SQ of streaming music. Unbelievable actually...

Aug 27, 2022
Had in system with Melco N100. Used it with Teddy Pardo LPS.
S100 did nothing good in that system, actually it did it more buggy. Sold.
The real game changer was Italian Faber's Cables ethernet cable - at least 50%
improving in SQ of streaming music. Unbelievable actually...
EVERYTHING matters, from the network switch it's power supply, ethernet cables, it's called synergy. If just one part of the chain is wrong everything else will fall. You said it yourself, you changed a cable. So it might not have been the Melco s100's fault, did you use a plixir psu and a ADOT with a plixir psu?

mmhifi

Apr 11, 2018
EVERYTHING matters, from the network switch it's power supply, ethernet cables, it's called synergy. If just one part of the chain is wrong everything else will fall. You said it yourself, you changed a cable. So it might not have been the Melco s100's fault, did you use a plixir psu and a ADOT with a plixir psu?
I actually tried several Ethernet cables with S100 - nothing helped. You cannot try all LPS on the market as well. S100
came with own impulse psu and company thought it was enough-no?
Italian cable came long after S100 was sold - and it wasn't your usual ethernet cable by any means - it was revolution.
And cost half of S100 to boot...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing