Mephisto bottom end

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
Hello all,

I just received the massive Gryphon Mephisto. Before it's arrived I knew I wanted to place it on the Artesania Aire amp stand. There had been some comments about bolt heads and what not on the bottom. I was concerned about where the Artesania footers would go so I went looking for pictures of the bottom of the amplifier which I could not find anywhere on the internet. So I thought I would post some revealing pictures of the Mephisto's Bottom. :)

The Mephiso feet appear to be made from Delrin. They are threaded onto the bottom using an M6 bolt. The bolt is captive inside the amplifier and does not come out once you remove the feet. I purchased a nylon washer and a M6 nut so that the bolt does not "rattle".

The amplifier fits onto the Artesania stand nicely. The Stand is rated for about 450lbs so it easily supports the mass of the Mephisto. I would suggest 4 people to lift the amplifer from the ground onto the stand. The weight distribution of the ampifer is definitely not an even 50/50 front to back. I would guess that the front of the amp has at least 2/3 of the mass (transformers). Bear this in mind when lifting it as well as when you position it onto a stand or footers.

I hope you enjoyed the pun in the title :)

~Todd

Attachments

• Mephisto_Bottom.jpg
    Mephisto_Bottom.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 83
  • Mephisto_Case.jpg
    Mephisto_Case.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 80
  • Mephisto_Foot.jpg
    Mephisto_Foot.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 82

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
A few more pics from Todd's Gryphon dealer(me).

ELWP4542.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5434.JPG
    IMG_5434.JPG
    649.1 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_5435.JPG
    IMG_5435.JPG
    594.8 KB · Views: 72
Reactions: Steve Williams

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
Congrats, what a beast of an amp!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing