MEZE 99 CLASSIC HEADPHONES

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
There is nothing to complain about the earpads except they are not clip-on. Nevertheless, I have decided to upgrade them. What the heck one is already off.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
You ar F too young. zin the old days everything was a beta test. Remember all the different versions of the Linn Sondek Identify your setup manm.for example. It was akin to being a Jaguar owner. Pick your mechanic at time purchase. You too, Ferrari.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
MEA CULPA
I stand by my position that earpads should be snap on/off.
Upon closer inspection with lighted magnifying glass the headphone has two mounting lips
One is cloth.the other is plastic..obviously the plastic one is functional. This knowledge did not make things easy. However it as at least doable for this old geiser.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
20230409_143110.jpg 20230409_143354.jpg

Petrat

Apr 17, 2019
UK
Very happy with mine. For the money, if you need a closed back design for occasional use, these are very listenable and un-fatiguing. No problems with earpads or build quality. Mine are the gold ones and, unlike most closed back 'phones, I think these things look rather good even when just lying around not being used. I remember an industrial designer saying that you can tell when you've developed an aesthetically pleasing consumer product because customers see it across the shop floor, and make a bee-line for it, saying 'That's lovely, I want that'. Their second uttering is 'What is it?'. That was pretty much me buying the 99 Classics :)

Reactions: Gregadd

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Very happy with mine. For the money, if you need a closed back design for occasional use, these are very listenable and un-fatiguing. No problems with earpads or build quality. Mine are the gold ones and, unlike most closed back 'phones, I think these things look rather good even when just lying around not being used. I remember an industrial designer saying that you can tell when you've developed an aesthetically pleasing consumer product because customers see it across the shop floor, and make a bee-line for it, saying 'That's lovely, I want that'. Their second uttering is 'What is it?'. That was pretty much me buying the 99 Classics :)
Agreed one hundred percent - I can't name a single Meze product that doesn't look elegant. Even if the sound wasn't up to par, at least the great looks are there... :)

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Got my hands on a gold later model. It is much better.:confused:

Reactions: AMR / iFi audio

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I took the headphones tHe said there waso a professional to have the earpads installed. He had to look at the and it took him about 20 mins. and a few choice min. Xto install them.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing