Minidsp nanodigi8

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
So, I have ordered a Minidsp nanodigi8 to play with. This is a digital in /digital out DSP device that can act as a digital crossover with digital outputs. This is cool because i can then use my own DACs for the final processing, which is a far better solution than something like the Behringer or DBX loudspeaker management systems, which only have analog out (except the $3000 DBX 4820). The cost is a measly $185 (including the sofware plug-in for programming purposes). I will run it with a massive battery pack (50,000 mAH). My test system will be my Decware HDTs and my newly acquired Beyma CP350Ti 1inch compression drivers with 18 Sound waveguide...later I might add passive subs. Amps will by my Mastersound Dueundici and JJ-322 (not sure which will be on which driver yet).

I will post more once I get the device and get the project up and running. Later I will add some 10 inch sealed box passive subs with some cheap class D amp (crossed around 50Hz).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing