ML 32 vs 526

SpecialK

Jul 31, 2019
Wondered if anyone has heard both?
I have a 32 driving 536s into Salon 2s and wonder if a 526 would be a step up.
Would be interested here anyone's experience.

Graham

gadawg58

Apr 7, 2018
You will want to listen to it for sure as they are quite different. When I had a 32 in my system I loved the tonality but felt like I was leaving something on the table in terms of space/air and overall soundstage compared to other newer designs. The 526 will give you more soundstage but the tonal balance is different now and you may or may not like it so make sure you demo first for sure. I went from 326->32->523->52->BAT Rex2 and found I liked the tubes on the front of my 536s much better. Good luck!

George

SpecialK

Jul 31, 2019
Thanks George.
The jump from 32-523 you made is probably the closest. I did hear the 523 when demoing the 536s (against my 532h) and sound was good.
I listen to vinyl (LP12/Ekos 2/Kandid) mostly so am considering a separate phono stage (Vitus/Whest or similar) but the box count would increase yet again so a one-box line stage/pre would free a shelf!
Never heard BAT so can't compare but thank you for the recommendation, although I see it is a two box design without a phono stage so not a box count friendly combo!

gadawg58

Apr 7, 2018
As a note ... At the time I went with the 523 vs 526 because its the identical preamp with the exception that the 526 has a DAC and at the level you are at the DAC in the 526 isn't comparable to the rest of the system I found.

George

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing