Modwright vs AudiaFlight power amps

pweg

Jun 7, 2014
Australia
I know its a strange comparison, but has anyone ever compared a MW amp to an Audia Flight amp?

In my specific case im replacing some class d amps that drive the 3 front channels of my HT with something warmer and more analogue sounding. These 2 brands pooped up as providing some nice warm sound without costing both my legs

thx in advance

Ric Schultz

Jun 21, 2013
Soquel, CA
There is a new Class D amp from Icepower (1200AS2) that does not sound cold.....in fact, it has beaten quite a few tube amps......and also beat the Modwright 150SE and equaled a Pass 250.8. Check this forum out for more info, including the guys who A/Bed it with the Modwright and Pass amps, etc.:

https://www.miveraaudio.com/forum/p...er-icepower-1200as2-amp-listening-impressions

However, the guy that made these amps has been kicked off at least 4 forums (including this one and just a couple of weeks ago his own forum on Audiocircle). He is no longer making the amps but I will have a much better sounding version of this module out in a couple of months. There are a few other companies now selling these modules in a box but what am going to do is way "beyond ordinary".

I will start a thread here about the amp when I am close to production. I am also going to have three amps out on tour so there will be lots of great feedback. The amp will also be sold with 30 day money back guarantee. Pricing looks like $1500-$2400 depending on options. This amp does 600 watts into 8 ohms. This new "IceEdge" technology amp has been in development for 7 years and this is the first amp module using this new technology (amp module released last Nov.). This amp module is a breakthrough in class D technology (at least for the under $8K price range).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing