Monkey Tales - math homework disguised as games.

carolkoh

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Not meant to teach but to revise and coach what was already learned in class, this series of games combine an adventure, logic and strategy puzzles, as well as math drills - there's even a boss mob they have to defeat at the end. The younger kids seem to love them, not so much the 11 year olds - by then they tend to get cocky and arrogant, and decide to hate anything that mom and/or dad recommends.

http://www.monkeytalesgames.com/

I reviewed them on http://www.commonsensemedia.org - and the best thing about them? They have an algorithm that tracks how well you (or your kids) do and adjusts the problems so the kids don't get frustrated because they are faced with games they can't possibly win. I was reviewing these with Gary's kids and was thinking... "This is 3rd grade math??" then when I checked his son's game, realized that my questions were quite a bit harder than his. :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing