More Additions To My Ultraanalogue tapes

Edward Pong

Industry Expert
Jun 24, 2013
Locust Hill, Ontario
I just got to listen to the Tatsuki Narita and Yung Yang Lee and it is hard just getting past the first song. This is the Violinist, Violin, song and the absolute perfect sound quality you, as an audiophile wait for. If it gets better I have not heard it in my 50 years of being an audiophile. This recording is that good. I took some recording of Heifetz and after listening, Narita is clearly better along with a better sounding Violin. Ed wrote me a not that the Bow that was done in France had a big part of the sound. If Ed Pong is on line could you tell the full story of the bow and his very special violin. Heifetz has always been my favorite but no longer. Narita has so much emotion. I equate him with Cameron Carpenter the organist. He is the top guy and so smart it is a pleasure to watch. These recordings are just masterpieces in all ways. I have to get past the first cut and will probably add more comments. Steve was very correct when he said how good the sound is.[/QUOTE
Thanks Earl & Steve!
Interestingly, I’m right now in Paris to see legendary bow maker Alain Herou to work on a Tourte bow for Alena Baeva...
The bow on Tatsuki’s Danse Macabre recording is a Kittel, who is regarded as the Russian Tourte... considered the master of all masters...
Alain Herou was at my place to rehair the Kittel for me & we recorded those 5 tracks (all 1st takes, 1 after the other) to commemorate our 4’years together! I really felt it was a revelation listening on my Stax headphones as the Studer was running... the fiddle was a 1739 Guarneri Del Gesu... the match between artist, violin & bow was magical that day & I am so happy I was able to capture it for us all...

Ed

Edward Pong

Industry Expert
Jun 24, 2013
Locust Hill, Ontario
I was looking back at my time with Tatsuki & thought you should have a look at these 2 minutes, at 21:55 - 23:45 of this video.
Caprice #5, unbelievable....

This was his live performance of the 24 Caprices of Paganini, in 2016... all 24 are never performed in a live concert.....
There are 3 live tapes of this concert...!
Tatsuki was Paganini that afternoon.....

Ed

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I was looking back at my time with Tatsuki & thought you should have a look at these 2 minutes, at 21:55 - 23:45 of this video.
Caprice #5, unbelievable....

This was his live performance of the 24 Caprices of Paganini, in 2016... all 24 are never performed in a live concert.....
There are 3 live tapes of this concert...!
Tatsuki was Paganini that afternoon.....

Ed
He’s still my favorite Ed although this afternoon I was listening to Alena and she is really great in the tapes I have of her

Edward Pong

Industry Expert
Jun 24, 2013
Locust Hill, Ontario
Just before I looked at this video of Tatsuki, I listened to 3 of Alena's tapes & she is just as amazing in a different way....
The Schubert Grand Fantasy is a relatively unknown piece, but it's the most difficult piece of chamber music for both pianist & violinist.

She is just amazing in it, the musicality she infuses is so beautiful... it sounds so right...

Ed

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing