More Consensus That Streaming Is An Inferior Format & Not High End?

Status
Not open for further replies.

caesar

May 30, 2010
Deconstruct the OP sentence:

“more consensus
This is meant to imply that not only is there already consensus, but here’s even more!
I think the responses on this thread emphatically communicate that there is indeed no consensus on this subject.

“inferior “ vs “lower quality”
Maybe an AI Bot wouldn’t grasp the difference in meaning, but any human competent in the English language should get it easily!

The OP title is designed to be flammable. Paul McGowan‘s is designed to be bland.

You still seem to be traumatized that others don't share your tastes and preferences

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Reactions: Lagonda

PYP

Jan 13, 2022
Southwest, USA
Mmm, every album you've recommended is not available on Tidal, in this case it's only 16/44.1. How does the 16/44.1 sound?
As mentioned, I use Qobuz. I haven't listened to the 16/44.1 version of the albums I suggested. Typically, that resolution can sound from good to excellent, depending upon the recording engineer (and hardware/software they use?).

24 bit has a greater depth of detail and sounds more like the real thing (especially timbre, tonality). But, of course, the resolution doesn't tell the whole story. Some high resolution albums don't sound great and I'm assuming that is the result of the master they have been able to obtain.

Seems to me we are all in the same boat irrespective of media. Finding the great recordings that use an excellent master and have an engineer with great ears and technique.

Reactions: J007B and wil

wil

Jul 22, 2015
You still seem to be traumatized that others don't share your tastes and preferences
I respect others preferences whether they align with my own or not. I don’t care for trolls. How about you and I ignore each other from here on?

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Why do guys who does not have any clue how a network works, how a streamer works, how a CD player works, how a DAC works, how recordings are made, and how analog circuitry is made, still offer advice to others? I mean, if you say "this is a bad idea, because of this explanation", and the explanation has nothing at all to do with what is going on in any way or form. What kind of value does this have for others?
None.

Tom

Reactions: ssfas
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing