Mozilla Firefox Quantum

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Got updated today to the new Firefox Quantum browser.
Their claim that it is a lot faster than the previous version has been borne out by my experience to date plus some other helpful features

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
I've been using it since that day, and I have to say, what a stupid, moronic browser interface this is. They even went back to square tabs - fast, yes, but fast and useless. I need to find the 56.0.2 executable again, I can't stand this thing. It's apparently so bad that 58 is already in beta4

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
I installed it a few days ago, it is much faster and as the move has been transparent to me - I do not notice I am using a new version, except for speed - I am happy with it. Yes, there is something now in black and white on top ...

audio.bill

May 27, 2013
Chicago suburbs
I've been running FF Quantum for a few days now and am pleasantly surprised. With previous versions of FF I always ended up returning to Chrome for the much quicker page loading times despite some issues Chrome has displaying specific content. Quantum loads pages as quickly as I've experienced and compatibility seems excellent. If only it had translation capability of Chrome but I guess no browser is best across the board, Quantum is now my preferred and default browser.

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
All good so far with Quantum here: certainly a bit quicker than old Firefox, and way better than safari, which like all apple software now is very poor.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Has anyone done a compare with internet explorer, or with restored vintages like Netscape?

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing