MSB or Rockna DAC

skids929

Dec 31, 2020
Considering one of the two DACs here. Either the Rockna Wavedream or MSB Discrete DAC. I've heard the Wavelight by Rockna and was impressed. Just wondering if anyone has had a chance to listen to the Wavedream and any of the MSB product that could provide some feedback.

For background, this for a high end desktop system through a set of powered studio monitors (Dynaudio). Mostly trying to replicate an easy to listen to analog sound. Rockna certainly comes close with the Wavelight. Just curious on the MSB equipment, love the idea of modularity and being able to upgrade at my own pace. I had a tube rig (VTL) back in the day and never forgot that sound. Trying to come close to that with a compact unit to fit on my desktop for near field listening is the goal. MSB and Rocka seem to fall into the category based on what I've heard and read.

Thank you!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio convertors (DACS), turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing