MSB platinum DAC and usb drivers not working

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Edorr psa I asked Vince what's common down about the UMT plus. There is two on the drawing board . One is a complete server cpu and all about 30 k. And the other is a stand Alone server no hard drive .

Al

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
Edorr psa I asked Vince what's common down about the UMT plus. There is two on the drawing board . One is a complete server cpu and all about 30 k. And the other is a stand Alone server no hard drive .

Al

30K? I'm getting out of the digital insanity business. This stuff has a life cycle of three years. I hope the PS audio DAC works as advertises and is indeed source agnostic. Putting two kids through private school....

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
None of this stuff is a reality. You have to understand that. We need to jump in and then out. Besides I do not think there is much more to get out of digital audio. I have ordered the new ps audio upgrade kit dac. And I have ordered a LAMPI 7 too. As I have two homes and my office and I am done and out.

Al

Last edited:

cat6man

Feb 6, 2013
west of NYC, east of SF
No of this stuff is a reality. You have to understand that. We need to jump in and them out. Besides I odd not think there is much more to get out of digital audio. I have ordered the new ps Udio dac. And I have ordered a LAMPI 7 too. Pas I have two homes and my office and I am done and out.

Al

famous last words.............when i went to my first head-fi meet, i thought that my old stax system was as good as headphones got

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Ok problem solved . It's not the USB board per say . As it still finds the cpu and changes formats . But when attempting to play music it fails to complete the handshake. So I was sent lady year the firmware for the USB 384 module . And it did work so I never installed it. So Vince said as he was looking to see if there was an updated one I could try the one I had . It fixed the situation all is good now.
I hope want to thanks all for there suggestions and hope this thread can help someone else .

Al

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing