Msb reference feet

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
Anyone try to take off the new feet that come on the reference dac? I got some revopods to try out. But the feet are really stuck. Like they used locktight. Any help appreciated.

thanks

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012
You could just put the RevoPods next to the feet directly to the chassis, as long as they are higher than the stock feet.
I am doing that to my MBL101E speakers with RevoPods (not threaded into the speakers).
They sound great!

Attachments

• RevoPods.jpg
    RevoPods.jpg
    479.2 KB · Views: 21

bryans

VIP/Donor
Dec 26, 2017
I would log a call to MSB. I would expect the feet to just screw off.

Levitator

Jul 1, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
The feet should quite easily unscrew - I had to take mine off a little while ago and didn’t have a problem

Ultrafast69

VIP/Donor
Aug 27, 2018
Seattle, WA
www.audio-ultra.com
The feet have to be put on, so will be able to take off. Hopefully we're only talking one footer and its not misthreaded

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
Wrap a piece of duct tape around footer...it will then unscrew
Conversely, duct tape helps to get the footer tight

Rubber gloves also work great...

Last edited:

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
Thanks for the replys. All of them were really on there. Rubber goves were not enough. I ended up putting two drops of wd40 next to each foot and let it sit for a min. Then the rubber jar opener broke them loose.

although, i do like the duck tape idea.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing