Munchen High end show 2022

I m going 19 - 22 may to the show in munchen

Who s going?
What brands you wanna hear ??

IMG_9857.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I had covid as well in dec 2020 , but i never got a certificate .
As i travel a lot for work i have to have a vaccin otherwise its basically impossible to work .
In april 2021 i worked 8 days in Hungary which required go and comeback 5 PCR tests in total lol :).
Algeria where i m now is only 1 test

THere so much more interesting stuff to hear there than the ones you have mentioned.
Name a few names then ,as i asked in my opening post ??

Other brands i like to hear are Kharma , Octave , Zanden ( not demonstrating unfortunately ) Dartzeel , VAC , Conrad Johnson, LAMM , CAT ( not in munich )
For the rest i ll give the latest hyped brands like CH , Wadax definetively a good listen

Last edited:
Name a few names then ,as i asked in my opening post ??

Other brands i like to hear are Kharma , Octave , Zanden ( not demonstrating unfortunately ) Dartzeel , VAC , Conrad Johnson( not in munich )
For the rest i ll give the latest hyped brands like CH , Wadax definetively a good listen
Aries Cerat, Living Voice, Voxativ, AER, Alsyvox, Diesis Audio. Aries cerat room is all one brand (with exception of TT and/or music server), Living Voice uses Kondo most of the time (one year with Engstrom and Engstrom amps). Voxativ is interesting but not always good (they have their own amps as well), Alsyvox is the latest and greatest of the planar speakers (with very strange electronics usually), Diesis Audio is horn/open baffle that use either Kondo or their own hybrid amps. Acapella is often very good as well and sometimes Avantgarde is really good (sometimes not). Cube Audio is interesting but not to my taste (don't like whizzer cone highs).

More conventional but interesting: Goebel Divin series with either tubes or transistors (I thought they sounded best with Engstrom tube amps). Boenicke Audio is often very good sounding at the show. Live Act Audio, Supravox (open baffle and TQWT designs). Fyne audio. Many more...

I listened to voxovativ at the dutch show and they sounded quite okay to my ears their active bass had quit good output as well , fyne was also quit good at least they were one of the best from al those horn / " fullrange " point source designs .
Alsyvox was not my thing neither was Avantgarde , open baffles designs i have heard many times before also .
I ll give them a listen because i m there but its just not my thing

1642065632935.jpeg

They sounded poor last time I heard them...
We ll see ( hear ) but these companies put so much effort in their designs , its off course very interesting to hear .
Whether or not it suits my hearing / taste is more or less irrelevant afaic .
Different designers / technologies / different sounds, one cant please everybody

Reactions: Audiophile Bill
I'll be there 2 days May 20 and 21.
I usually stay at the Best Western the K if some of you plan to stay in this hotel let me know.

Last edited:
I'm reluctant... In 2020 I lost money for event and Flight cancelled. I'll follow the situation since I want to go again in order visit the show; meet some WBF forumers will surely pleasant.
Hope that the winds of war disappear quickly, fingers crossed...

Reactions: andromedaaudio
Il book a couple of weeks before , max .
Plus i m gonna extend the trip via the alps and eastern europe ( motor bike trip )

Ps No show also no problem , but i see no obstacles regarding covid this time as it is on the decline .
There are new obstacles though , as we all know

In the meanwhile there is no exhibitors list, nor can one buy a ticket, trade personal or everyday joe.
for now, they are waiting to get approved from the Bavarian to get the show running.
as for now, after talking to some Manufactures i know, they said they booked some rooms and some collaborate with others to come (mainly analog base firm etc).

Morricab "Boenicke Audio is often very good sounding at the show"
Unfortunately from what i heard, Boenicke will not attend the show this year.

i was booked my hotels and flights, but after a couple of rough years to planet earth, nothing is set in stone as we all got to know.

see you all there (if we get to it) :)

In the meanwhile there is no exhibitors list, nor can one buy a ticket, trade personal or everyday joe.
for now, they are waiting to get approved from the Bavarian to get the show running.
as for now, after talking to some Manufactures i know, they said they booked some rooms and some collaborate with others to come (mainly analog base firm etc).

Morricab "Boenicke Audio is often very good sounding at the show"
Unfortunately from what i heard, Boenicke will not attend the show this year.

i was booked my hotels and flights, but after a couple of rough years to planet earth, nothing is set in stone as we all got to know.

see you all there (if we get to it) :)
Well that’s a bummer but I guess there will be plenty to hear still. I have demoed with Boenicke in the past and we had a quite good sound driving his little speakers with huge Aries Cerat gear.

I m gonna go 2 days to see it all .
Im gonna do a thoroughly visit report with pics and everything .
Im gonna visit all rooms while im there ,.
Even in the most horrible sounding horn rooms i will try to force myself to stay at least 3 - 4 songs ( without ear plugs ), so i will never have to go through this again:cool:
Bob, if you can see it all in 2 days I will be impressed. Get your Nike's on:) PS I hope to see you there!

I'll be there for the entire show as I am working this time. Looks like it might be a bit smaller but I know of several brands who will be new to the show or getting their own rooms because of dropouts. I just heard recently that Silbatone had to cancel and the travel restriction in S. Korea makes it difficult to return right now.

Beau

Reactions: AMR / iFi audio

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing