Munich High-End 2018 Ron Report: Introduction

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
When I attended Munich High-End in 2016 I thought it would be a once-in-a-lifetime experience. The show was everything everyone promised it would be: dozens and dozens of companies’ products which you never see in the USA, and almost everybody in the entire industry attends.

Unexpectedly, I decided to go again this year. This time, I took Tinka with me -- althought I dragged her around for only the first day (Thursday). (By the end of four full days even I have had more than enough audio and more than enough audiophiles.) I am sure this will be the last time I attend the event -- making it a second in-a-lifetime experience.

Arriving at the show we ran almost immediately into Jeroen (audioquattr here on WBF). We spent some time with Jim White of Aesthetix. I told Tinka that Jim will be single-handedly responsible for six large boxes consuming a significant amount of real estate. We also ran into Bea and Luke Manley of VTL, and Michael Fremer of Analog Planet.

We enjoyed the morning checking out exhibits with Don Saltzman, a Senior Writer at The Absolute Sound. We had lunch with Matej Isak, Founder of Mono and Stereo.

Tinka also got to remind Niels Madsen, Service Manager of Gryphon Audio Designs, that he is going to be having an all-expense-paid trip to Los Angeles at some point to unbox and assemble my Pendragons.

I spent most of Friday roaming the halls with Jeroen, who was especially interested in investigating horn loudspeakers. Munich High-End surely is the best place in the world to do that!

I also had the opportunity to introduce Jeroen to Matej.

IMG_0193.JPG

Later in the afternoon GMKF, the gracious organizer of our WBF dinner tomorrow, found me and he joined Jeroen and me to check out Vox Palladian and Acoustical Systems, among other exhibits.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Never say never, Ron...maybe a third time in the not too distant future?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing