May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
just booked the hotel :)

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
I love to stay in the area of the "Sendlinger Tor", as the Metro goes from there directly to the show und you stay in the middle of the center, but in the right distance from the "standard" tourist spots.
There are many hotels around.

Reactions: Audiophile Bill

jackelsson

Dec 1, 2013
.de
Booked flight and hotel as well already. Now it's a bit like waiting for Christmas... :)

Reactions: shakti

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Booked flight and hotel as well already. Now it's a bit like waiting for Christmas... :)

Lol. What are you looking forward to see this year? Cheers

Reactions: christoph

TooCool4

Feb 7, 2013
England
I always leave it till the last minute as I stay with a friend near the middle of münchen;)

GMKF

VIP/Donor
Aug 15, 2017
Munich
I'll attend as well- probably friday to sunday. For sure saturday to sunday.

Who else is planning ?

jackelsson

Dec 1, 2013
.de
Lol. What are you looking forward to see this year? Cheers
Well, I'm definitely looking forward to meeting a friend who is living in Munich and whom I mostly only see once a year. This alone is worth the whole trip.

Apart from that no real plans so far, just a few ideas. Still need to do this part of the planning. But I'm sure I will come up with something... :)

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
I will be visiting the fair this year as well. Haven't booked the hotel yet but I guess I will join my friend/dealer as they were happy with where they were staying for the last few years...

Hope to meet some of the people from here too!

Reactions: christoph

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
I love to stay in the area of the "Sendlinger Tor", as the Metro goes from there directly to the show und you stay in the middle of the center, but in the right distance from the "standard" tourist spots.
There are many hotels around.

I stayed their last year. I didn't like it round there much. Also I went cheap and stayed in the Cocoon. Big mistake.

I prefer the Hauptbahnhof area or Schwabing (business district). But it has to be said since the huge influx of immigrants into Germany the Hauptbahnhof area feels less safe.

I had a flight cancellation last year and got put up business class in here for one night for free. Very nice indeed. That's where I will stay this year. Decent night sleep guaranteed I reckon. Well, almost!:)

Last edited:

GMKF

VIP/Donor
Aug 15, 2017
Munich
I prefer the Hauptbahnhof area or Schwabing (business district). But it has to be said since the huge influx of immigrants into Germany the Hauptbahnhof area feels less safe.

I get what you are talking about. If you want more info write me a PM.

But generally Munich is very safe.

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
My air and hotel are booked and I'm hitting this show for the first time; very excited. See y'all there!

The hotel I found at a reasonable price is

Ibis Muenchen Parkstadt Schwabing, Munich

Expedia was offering some good rates with advance payment late last year.....

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Sounds good to me....Thursday or Friday or Saturday night are all workable....

TooCool4

Feb 7, 2013
England
My air and hotel are booked and I'm hitting this show for the first time; very excited. See y'all there!

The hotel I found at a reasonable price is

Ibis Muenchen Parkstadt Schwabing, Munich

Expedia was offering some good rates with advance payment late last year.....

Your first time, you are in for a big surprise it's massive and loads to take in. At first 3 days is not enough to take everything in but once you have been there once or twice you can do it in 2 days because you will learn to just do only the rooms that interest you.

Schwabing is a lovely area loads of nice bars and places to eat, there is a very nice Italian restaurant there I forget the name at the moment.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Count me in

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Since there is no mobile client for WBF, in the week before, let's get some PM's going with names, cellphone#s, Skype, Slack, (both permit free calling over internet), etc..that will permit us to get together onsite and figure out dinners, room-attack plans, etc...

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Reactions: bonzo75

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing