Munich High End 2019

GMKF

VIP/Donor
Aug 15, 2017
Munich
I’m in, I’d like to see how the Bavarians are doing...

Cheers!
ALF

I'm planning to make a reservation for 7 to 9 people at the Spatenhaus (Saturday).

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
I will not be there on Saturday night as I am flying in on Thursday afternoon and back on Saturday am.
Would anybody fancy dinner on Thursday or Friday evening at a very nice little Italian restaurant which I have used regularly .Ristorante-Pizzeria Italia in Hochbruckenstrasse so very central.
If so can you let me know in the next week and I will book a table

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
Count me in though also open to German fare and any great Middle Eastern or Asian in the area for other nights.

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
I'll be in town as well, so count me in for dinners!

Reactions: GMKF

jackelsson

Dec 1, 2013
.de
I just read that this year's High End will have Steven Wilson as brand ambassador. About time to get those Porcupine Tree albums spinning tonight...

Plakat High End 2019.jpg

Reactions: ngamountains

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
I just read that this year's High End will have Steven Wilson as brand ambassador. About time to get those Porcupine Tree albums spinning tonight...

But what does that really mean? We'll see him walking around? Or what I wonder...?

jackelsson

Dec 1, 2013
.de
But what does that really mean? We'll see him walking around? Or what I wonder...?
Probably as rarely as one saw Kari Bremnes last year. But posters will show up all over town. ;)
Plakat High End 2018.jpg

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Justin, he'll remaster all those audiophiles visiting into being smoother and more nuanced.

jackelsson

Dec 1, 2013
.de
PS: I admit - Steven is lacking Kari's fancy feathers...

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
But J, look at Steve practising his "High Fives" LOL.
Esp for those like me who might ask Ralph of Cessaro to play Porcupine Tree on his horns.

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
But J, look at Steve practising his "High Fives" LOL.
Esp for those like me who might ask Ralph of Cessaro to play Porcupine Tree on his horns.

I'm hoping to avoid him. I was well into his Porcupine Tree stuff and then he released that "Hand Cannot Erase" wallow of self-pity and ever since I have hated him.

I've tried to reverse the hatred, arguing with myself that it is just unreasonable, but I just don't seem to be able to do it!:)

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
Reservation done (Spatenhaus) for saturday 11.05.2019
19:00 for 10 people (scale-able).

Danke für das organisieren! Freue mich schon!

jackelsson

Dec 1, 2013
.de
Reservation done (Spatenhaus) for saturday 11.05.2019
19:00 for 10 people (scale-able).
Danke für das organisieren! Freue mich schon!
Stimmt, das ging irgendwie unter. Danke!!
Thanks for organizing the table. I'm really looking forward to meeting everybody (again) at the dinner.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
I will be there Thursday till Saturday but probably not Saturday evening

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
I will not be there on Saturday night as I am flying in on Thursday afternoon and back on Saturday am.
Would anybody fancy dinner on Thursday or Friday evening at a very nice little Italian restaurant which I have used regularly .Ristorante-Pizzeria Italia in Hochbruckenstrasse so very central.
If so can you let me know in the next week and I will book a table

Pardon my delay in following up but have been distracted by our ongoing Brexit saga.
The Italian is very popular with the locals so I will need to make a reservation soon.
Can those who would like to get together at 7.30pm on the Friday let me know and I'll go ahead.

GMKF

VIP/Donor
Aug 15, 2017
Munich
Pardon my delay in following up but have been distracted by our ongoing Brexit saga.
The Italian is very popular with the locals so I will need to make a reservation soon.
Can those who would like to get together at 7.30pm on the Friday let me know and I'll go ahead.
I´m in. I may be 15min late. Depending on traffic conditions.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
That's great and thanks for getting back to me so promptly.
If it is not a problem for the others I can push the time back to say 8.00pm.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Hi guys i just booked my flight, any suggestions for hotel would be welcome, i will be at the show friday and saturday.
Thanks.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing