GMKF

VIP/Donor
Aug 15, 2017
Munich

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
These are the hotels that have a shuttle bus:
https://www.highendsociety.de/index.php/en/hotel-list.html
Probably all are nice. I know people who have stayed at the Best Western and they seemed to like it.

Are you planning on coming to our dinner ?

Thanks i will be staying at Best Western the K just like i did in 2017, it's only 2 train station away from the airport.
Where is your diner taking place ?

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I'm very much liking that. Despite me not having a single tape.

earlinarizona

Jul 17, 2010
I just booked my flight and hotel Park Inn by Radisson very close to the show. Coming in Thursday night.

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
All,...looking forward to seeing all of you there! I've read that for those of us arriving from outside Germany, particularly from the US where we don't primarily have access to chip-PIN Visa and MasterCard that cash should be carried versus cards. Some of the feedback online is dated so for those who have traveled to Munich and HIGH END before, are credit cards (Mastercard & Visa) now more universally accepted at small shops, restaurants, etc...nearby?

GMKF

VIP/Donor
Aug 15, 2017
Munich
All,...looking forward to seeing all of you there! I've read that for those of us arriving from outside Germany, particularly from the US where we don't primarily have access to chip-PIN Visa and MasterCard that cash should be carried versus cards. Some of the feedback online is dated so for those who have traveled to Munich and HIGH END before, are credit cards (Mastercard & Visa) now more universally accepted at small shops, restaurants, etc...nearby?

Well. I can pay in most shops without Chip-pin in Germany. However credit cards are sometimes not accepted at some smaller venues. My bakery doesnt take them. One restaurant I frequent doesn't take them.The hotel and the Spatenhaus certainly will accept a credit card. The only universal payment method in Germany that is written into law is cash !

If you have more questions shoot me a PM.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Hi SC
IME they are now more readily accepted than in the past.
Are you still interested in joining us on Friday night at the Italian?
See my earlier post

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
You won't have a problem with credit cards, as long as it's Visa/MC. Amex/Diners/Discovery will be tough. But germans in general are no fans of credit cards, so some smaller businesses might not accept them at all. So it's best to always carry a couple euros in your pocket.

Reactions: GMKF

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Thank you GMFK and Barry2013.....I am from the US so our Chip cards are not as advanced for the most part here (no chip plus PIN or IME) or at least AMEX, Citibank and Capital One) as my UK coworkers and customers. I am in the UK several times per year and just returned a week ago and found our cards still are taken as "chip + signature" so possibly not as usable in Germany.

*I am definitely in for dinners in the evening and teaming up and moving around the show for listening and certainly coffee along the way :) !

Send me a PM and I'll share my cell#, Slack, Skype and WhatsApp; somewhere in there must be a way to connect while at the show.

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
You won't have a problem with credit cards, as long as it's Visa/MC. Amex/Diners/Discovery will be tough. But germans in general are no fans of credit cards, so some smaller businesses might not accept them at all. So it's best to always carry a couple euros in your pocket.

Thanks!

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
I have been doing some preparatory work for Munich including sorting out what equipment I particularly want to see and hear. My choices reflect to some extent what I have already and I thought it might be interesting to share it and see what others have on their to hear list.
Vitus SIA 030
YG Acoustics Vantage if they are there
DCS as always. Heard the Bartok last year and will be interested to hear it again
Tidal. Always worth visiting. The larger of the two Vimbergs sounded very good last year but have not heard the smaller floorstander
DS Audio. Another rave review from Ken Kessler for the new entry model, Have heard they are bright sounding.
Soundsmith. Would like to know more about their cartridges
Accuphase E650. Sounded very good with a pair of bookshelf speakers in London but wasn't able to hear it with larger speakers
Luxman 900 pre power. Did hear it at Windsor show but not sure that the partnering speakers were doing it any favours.
Mutec Ref 10
Voxativ Heard them at a previous show. Incredibly direct sound but seemed to be in danger of a fatiguing sound

earlinarizona

Jul 17, 2010
Doing the same here. Audio Note UK with the introduction of there long awaited new DAC and turntable. This year they are bringing all top of line, products. I have very high interest in this line. FM Acoustics, Living Voice Vox Olympian/Palladian horn speakers. Theses have won so many best of shows. Been waiting a long time to hear this. MySphere headphones. This game changer headphones have been on my list being a headphone fan, Cube Audio 10 inch widebander, Totaldac DACS, Malvalve, Diesis Audio horn speakers, Jadis as I have heard them on two ocasions and liked that sound style. Easy on the ears. Getting a listen to the big Zellatons, Voxativ for another listen. I want to vist many of the master tape companies that have not been at any of the US shows, Tape machines from Ballfinger, Kondo from Japan. Engstrom amplifiers, Sennheiser HE 1 Electrostatic headphones just to name a very few. Arriving Thursday Nigt for an early start on Friday and returning Monday on the afternoon flight. I should be very busy.

totaldac

Industry Expert
Aug 17, 2012
France
www.totaldac.com
Dont miss the Totaldac Room in hifideluxe show!
Using Magico M6 speaker, sound to be compared to MSB Room and Soulution room also using the M6

Totaldac will at the Munich HifiDeluxe show in Marriott hotel, Berliner Strasse 93, living-room level 1 (free entrance):
-9th May, 12:00 to 20:00
-10th May, 12:00 to 20:00
-11th May, 12:00 to 18:00
Come by shuttle from the MOC or by Lufthansa-Shuttle Service from the airport until Munich-Schwabing, by underground until Nordfriedhof.
The system will be composed of:
Totaldac d1-player server/NAS
Totaldac RoonReady d1-streamer and reclocker
Totaldac d1-twelve-mk2 DAC
Totaldac one-box "live-power" power supply
Totaldac d1-driver, a volume-free preamp
Totaldac/Bibacord AES-EBU cables
Totaldac USB GIGAFILTER and ethernet cable/filters
new Totaldac Amp-1 power amplifier
Magico M6 speakers
Echole Limited Edition interconnect cables and speaker
Shunyata Hydra Triton V3 power distributor and Sigma NR power cords for digital components

Reactions: GMKF

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing