Munich High End 2019

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
I am teaching my 4 years old to be price conscious. Once He picked a $4 Haagen-Dazs. I told him that is very expensive and we don't have much money. He then asked me how much the Nestle. I said $1. He asked if $1 is expensive. I said no. Then he picked the Nestle. Now when he goes to Seven Eleven. He asked me first how much it costs before he pick anything. In the future I will be relieved knowing for sure he would not be interested in audio once he sees the price.

Tang

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I am teaching my 4 years old to be price conscious. Once He picked a $4 Haagen-Dazs. I told him that is very expensive and we don't have much money. He then asked me how much the Nestle. I said $1. He asked if $1 is expensive. I said no. Then he picked the Nestle. Now when he goes to Seven Eleven. He asked me first how much it costs before he pick anything. In the future I will be relieved knowing for sure he would not be interested in audio once he sees the price.

Tang

So tang, your dad didn't take you to eat ice cream?

Reactions: christoph

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
You should. No, you have to. It's a lot of fun. Make sure you can be there on Thursday, when the crowds are not quite there yet.

One thing I've noticed getting better year after year are the vinyl vendors. Hall 4 had a few great ones, and I came back a few $$$ lighter...
Sunday is better. Systems have improved and crowds are light. Only downside is it’s a shorter day.

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014

Tang
Tang, one day your son will realise that you bought the Haagen-Cessaros instead of the Nestle-Pap horn. But by then he will be an excellent pianist and music lover and appreciate what you really bought him instead... true quality and an exceptional music library.

Reactions: thomask and bonzo75

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
What do you mean no tweeter?
The top model is a three way, while the models below are two ways.
Ok, maybe I should have said "no supertweeter" :rolleyes:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Tang, one day your son will realise that you bought the Haagen-Cessaros instead of the Nestle-Pap horn. But by then he will be an excellent pianist and music lover and appreciate what you really bought him instead... true quality.

Pap in my native tongue means Sin.

By buying Cessaros, Tang did a Pap

Reactions: the sound of Tao

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Reactions: bonzo75

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
As an aside... for those who love history and mythology, the derivation of Sin - the cult of Sin, moon god of the Assyrians. The god Sin has no history. He was invoked as a healer of disease, and as causing certain diseases. The proper character of the moon-god is not manifested by violence nor by murderous force. His traits are agreeable and benevolent. Sin is a powerful lord but not dangerous; he is a judge whose orders cannot be disregarded; but he is also a father whose nature is good. The god Sin, before everything else, is a friend and a protector, he pardons and he is helpful, he directs men by marching in their van; he is their support, and they can put their confidence in him. Sin recompenses, he spares, he favours, he sustains, he saves, he counsels, he gives, and he is a liberator. These are the central ideas connected with Sin in Babylonian and Assyrian (mythology).

Hammurabi the Sun God overthrew the moon god Sin and so began the age of man as the patriarchy overtook the matriarchy.

So now, returning to the original program... and back to horns lol.

Last edited:

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Pap in my native tongue means Sin.

By buying Cessaros, Tang did a Pap

And I haven't even gotten them to work as a full range as they were designed to be. Wait until I got my sub project done. Then I will be a go-big-or-go-home papper head and shoulder with Mr. Lavigne. ;)

Tang

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
And I haven't even gotten them to work as a full range as they were designed to be. Wait until I got my sub project done. Then I will be a go-big-or-go-home papper head and shoulder with Mr. Lavigne. ;)

Tang

Always was under the impression that Mike's system has a lot to do with the room

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
They have lesser priced versions
Instead of doing internship at banks in New York, University grads should do internship with rhapsody audio. Enjoy plenty of hifi equipment and music and learn to sell too
Ludos $15,700 Euros in Europe. US pricing is higher. Five standard finishes. All of the Diesis models use a combination mid/high frequency driver above 500Hz. The super tweeter on the Roma and Roma Triode is only 20K HZ and up (for "air" and pets)

All of the five models sound the same just how low they go and the size of the soundstage. Open baffle done right throws a vey nice 3D holographic soundstange with a lot of layering and dimensionality. The Ludos and Aura are 93db, the Caput Mundi, Roma and Roma Triode are 98db. I drive the Roma with a '90 4 Watt 2A3 Kondo amp (Kyoenun) built by Kondo san, in a 700 sq.ft. studio and the sound permeates the room quite nicely. The Ongaku or even more so PP tubes or SS power have more oomph but the 2A3 is pretty special especially for private listening. YMMV of course.

http://www.diesisaudio.com/en/

LUDOS
padouk1-480x1280.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: christoph

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Always was under the impression that Mike's system has a lot to do with the room

without derailing this thread, my 2 cents are that it's a combination of the room synergy and a speaker system's degrees of bass integration and overall cohesion. does the system allow for headroom in scale and authority so one can push it to do big music in an effortless way. every little thing matters.....my 5 Tana's take this further for sure.

i'm excited to hear about Tang's subwoofer project when he is ready to share.

Reactions: bonzo75

TooCool4

Feb 7, 2013
England
Hello,
The speakers in the Soulution room were not Rockport, but Magico M6. Great sound indeed!

Okay i am getting my rooms and floors mixed up, i meant the Vitus room.

Vitus.jpg

Reactions: Bodhi and GMKF

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Okay i am getting my rooms and floors mixed up, i meant the Vitus room.

View attachment 51576

This was sounding better than the rockports I heard previously which I thought required more current from the Absolare.

I then realized the analog was being manned by Anamighty sound glad to see them in this room

Reactions: GMKF

TooCool4

Feb 7, 2013
England
This was sounding better than the rockports I heard previously which I thought required more current from the Absolare.

I then realized the analog was being manned by Anamighty sound glad to see them in this room

My first time hearing a Rockport, I could not believe how well the speakers disappeared and the depth of soundstage was unreal. :eek:

Reactions: GMKF

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing