Munich High End Show 2015

Nevillekapadia

VIP/Donor
Aug 30, 2010
https://www.flickr.com/photos/8439124@N04/albums

There are a few comments with the photo's wherever possible........it just makes it much easier to load them up on flickr as there are close to 300 photos in decent resolution.
Some prototypes on display too.

Below are some samples in low rez.

DSCF5886.jpg DSCF5931.jpg DSCF5958.jpg DSCF5987.jpg DSCF6001.jpg

Last edited:

Max101

May 15, 2015
Hey! There are some great images about the Show here:

http://www.myaudioshop.com/live/highend-munich-2015

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hi Steve,

If you are referring to the very first photo, that is the Estelon Extreme which i have heard when they were here. They are pretty comparable in 'volume' to the big Wilsons which you know so well. Had an opportunity to meet the designer and his 2 daughters, one of whom works in the business. Wonderful people and very passionate about audio.

The other thing which you probably know already is that using a remote, you can have the top black curved element move up and down several inches which will increase the height and perhaps make it seem bigger than you might have seen in the past.

Nevillekapadia

VIP/Donor
Aug 30, 2010
Neville

Is that a new flagship model or top of the line Estelon Extreme. It looks so much larger than previous models

Hi Steve,

That's the usual Estelon Extreme. They are quite large speakers...kind of taller than me (6'2").

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I've never seen those. I bet they sound wonderful.

BTW I love the demo disk that you and Zarir made for me. I was finally able to hear it today. Still listening as I type. I also plan to hear the two Aussie CD's you brought.

Nevillekapadia

VIP/Donor
Aug 30, 2010
The provided link is invalid, it results in a page not found error.

Audio.bill apologies about that please try again and let me know if you can see Day 1 &2 of Show. Close to 410+ photos in the 2 albums.

Or can anyone else confirm if they can see the albums.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Audio.bill apologies about that please try again and let me know if you can see Day 1 &2 of Show. Close to 410+ photos in the 2 albums.

Or can anyone else confirm if they can see the albums.

I can see the albums Neville. Nice job

Nevillekapadia

VIP/Donor
Aug 30, 2010
Thank you Steve, for confirming that.

Day Three starts in less than 4 hours. Going for the Raidho demo D5, D3 and X-3 first off.

If there are any requests from members for pics, I will try my best.

Thanks.
Neville

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Thank you Steve, for confirming that.

Day Three starts in less than 4 hours. Going for the Raidho demo D5, D3 and X-3 first off.

If there are any requests from members for pics, I will try my best.

Thanks.
Neville

Neville,

the link is working just fine for me. thank you for going to all the effort, the pictures are nicely done.

have fun on Day 3.

Mike

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Thanks for the pics Neville. I've spent the better part of the morning going through them and wishing I were there with everyone!!

Nevillekapadia

VIP/Donor
Aug 30, 2010
Thanks for the pics Neville. I've spent the better part of the morning going through them and wishing I were there with everyone!!

Bruce, Steve, Mike and others, we must do a world group visit to Munich one year. It would be great to have the WBF contingent there.

This show is so big, that I am actually referring myself to the other write ups to see what I have missed.

We had a super presentation by Raidho this morning. In close to just over an hour, we heard D5, X1, X3, D1, D3 and then back to D5. This was a request from one of the potential buyers of the products earlier to them, and we were invited.

I am going to process the Day3 pics overnight due to slow speeds, but as the days progress the photos become less and I tend to listen more rather than click.

I visited the tandem smaller show, and once again Brands of manufacturers I have never heard off were there with some ginormous speakers and gear!

Audio Tekne with DC10Audio speakers were a certainly 'notice me' product. I have never seen a phono stage that large with so many transformers! And it sounded sweet!

My Shazam was hard at work as there are so many European artists that I discovered.

Then there is the German Underground Hifi Movement. Who had ex-manufacturers who have sold out their earlier brands, start showing prototypes to youngsters. Hopefully that will get the youth of today more interested. We visited one by invite where they show cased their systems and it was held in a Maserati workshop!

Tomorrow last day folks. Need to get some sleep.

Cheers,
Nev

Last edited:

Nevillekapadia

VIP/Donor
Aug 30, 2010
Munich Day 3 pictures nearly up.

Plus my visit to Korea (Seoul), where they sell used gear.

Less than 2.5 hours for the final day of Munich. Then on to Japan to meet some more audiophile friends next week. :D

https://www.flickr.com/photos/8439124@N04/sets

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
...we must do a world group visit to Munich one year. It would be great to have the WBF contingent there.
Indeed, this may very well be the premiere high-end audio show. :p Thanks for the pics...I'll check them out!

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
Thank you for posting such nice pictures.

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
Nice photos especially the ones of Ron Paul shilling his nonsense...grrr

Nevillekapadia

VIP/Donor
Aug 30, 2010
Nice photos especially the ones of Ron Paul shilling his nonsense...grrr

Who's Ron Paul? Are you referring to the pollie in the US?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing