Munich Report: Aries Cerat

Legolas

VIP/Donor
Dec 27, 2015
France
Achilleas-3.jpg
I thought I would start a Munich High End report on the Aries Cerat system now, ahead of the show, to assemble the photos and feedback. I am going for 4 days, and looking forward to it!

Pensé que comenzaría un informe del programa ahora antes del programa, para reunir las fotos y los informes del programa. Me voy por 4 días, ¡y estoy deseando que llegue!

Last edited by a moderator:

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
What speakers are you using? What sources?

Legolas

VIP/Donor
Dec 27, 2015
France
Demo-Room-banner-V3-low-res.jpg
We are using the Symphonia horn speakers, supported by the new Aries Cerat Bass Horns (new design), a Rui Borges turntable, Aries Cerat Talos phono stage, Aries Cerat Impera Pre-amplifier, Signal projects cables and Stacore platforms. Also a Pink Faun music server and Kassandra DAC. There will also be an Aries Cerat Genus with headphones in the entrance to the room. I'll post more details when I have it from Stavros.

Legolas

VIP/Donor
Dec 27, 2015
France
Here is the more detailed invite with a system breakdown:

Aries Cerat invites you to hear our exciting demonstration system at Munich High End on the 9th - 12th May in Hall 1 DO5.

Along with our partners Rui Borges, Pink Faun, Stacore and Signal, it promises to deliver a truly incredible musical experience.

Amplification
We can announce the world premier of the ultimate amplifier design, the huge six chassis Aries Cerat Achilleas SET. It will be driving our Symphonia horn speakers, and paired with our new bass horn - the Erevus model S. We are confident the Achilleas has set a new level of performance in SET amplification. And for pre-amplifier duties our two chassis Impera LE.

Digital source
For music streaming we have the Pink Faun 2.16x server which is equipped with the latest OCXO clock technology. No less than 3 ultra-low noise OCXOs work in tandem in the 2.16x, a unique system that represents the best in the musical field.

This will be connected to our Kassandra Series two chassis Signature DAC.

Analogue source
Rui Borges will be demonstrating their latest turntable. Also debuting for the first time, is the Aries Cerat Talos Signature phono system. This exciting new development in SOTA phono pre-amplification will be paired with the Top Wing Red Sparrow cartridge.

The system will utilise the ultimate isolation platforms from Stacore. These superb pneumatic platforms will be on display along with their new and innovative racking system.

The system would not be complete without top class signal transmission and power distribution devices. Enter Signal Projects, who will be providing power and signal cables from their current lineup.

Finally greeting you in the entrance lobby will be our new digital creation, along with the Genus Integrated SET with headphones. We hope to see you there!

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Here is the more detailed invite with a system breakdown:

Aries Cerat invites you to hear our exciting demonstration system at Munich High End on the 9th - 12th May in Hall 1 DO5.

Along with our partners Rui Borges, Pink Faun, Stacore and Signal, it promises to deliver a truly incredible musical experience.

Amplification
We can announce the world premier of the ultimate amplifier design, the huge six chassis Aries Cerat Achilleas SET. It will be driving our Symphonia horn speakers, and paired with our new bass horn - the Erevus model S. We are confident the Achilleas has set a new level of performance in SET amplification. And for pre-amplifier duties our two chassis Impera LE.

Digital source
For music streaming we have the Pink Faun 2.16x server which is equipped with the latest OCXO clock technology. No less than 3 ultra-low noise OCXOs work in tandem in the 2.16x, a unique system that represents the best in the musical field.

This will be connected to our Kassandra Series two chassis Signature DAC.

Analogue source
Rui Borges will be demonstrating their latest turntable. Also debuting for the first time, is the Aries Cerat Talos Signature phono system. This exciting new development in SOTA phono pre-amplification will be paired with the Top Wing Red Sparrow cartridge.

The system will utilise the ultimate isolation platforms from Stacore. These superb pneumatic platforms will be on display along with their new and innovative racking system.

The system would not be complete without top class signal transmission and power distribution devices. Enter Signal Projects, who will be providing power and signal cables from their current lineup.

Finally greeting you in the entrance lobby will be our new digital creation, along with the Genus Integrated SET with headphones. We hope to see you there!

I"ll bring my headphones because i want to know how good the Genus sounds driving headphones.

heihei

VIP/Donor
Jul 24, 2017
System sounded stunning on Thursday. I'm not a big horn fan, but not withstanding this, I thought this was an exceptional sound, especially given the room constraints.

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
Most improved sound award at Munich goes to this room. Dreadful in 2017. Really good in 2019.

Is is just the amps responsible? Better room, granted, but still not a great room.

Sounding fab last night and today.

Reactions: Golum

Narayan

Oct 6, 2015
Are the Erevus S basshorns to be partnered with the Contendo Reference solely or will they form part of an evolution of the Symphonia speaker if that is in the works? TIA.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing