Music for TAD speakers

Avidlistener

Feb 18, 2013
I just listened to the newly remixed Beatles Let it be in 24/96. Since it was done at Abbey Road, I wondered if the stereo mix was at least mastered on their TAD R1. I emailed abbey road to ask about it. If I get a response I’ll post here. The new remix sounds mostly excellent, but on a couple of the tracks I would call it outstanding.

Avidlistener

Feb 18, 2013
Thanks for posting this. I read I think here about Abba using the CR1’s, but it’s great to see the studio. Does anyone know if the the TADs are a new acquisition for them? Is this their own studio? I wonder what amps they are using, since we all know the TAD’s are highly revealing of anything upstream.

octaviars

Mar 2, 2020
Does anyone know if the the TADs are a new acquisition for them? Is this their own studio?

The studio bought TAD CR1 in 2013.

Here is a link to some more info about the studio and the dealer that sold the TAD speakers.

It's in Swedish so you have to translate it.

In 2013 there was just one dealer that sold TAD in Sweden but today three is two and I was lucky that my dealer is the second one. A happy TAD owner for a couple of years now and right now I have a C600 on loan from my dealer.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
A pair of the big TAD was at CAF 2021. At the end of the day it was just me. The presenter ran through a bunch of digital files for.me. I did hear anything this speaker could not handle.There was no big scale orchestra.

Last edited:

Avidlistener

Feb 18, 2013
A pair of the big TAD was at CAF 2021. At the end of the day it was just me. The prese term ran through a bunch of digital files for.me. I did hear anything this speaker could not handle.There no big scale orchestra.
Hi could you elaborate? Unclear what you meant.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Reactions: APP and RdW

APP

Oct 1, 2014
Most of their albums are done with TAD but for this new album they apparently added Zellaton as well.
Speakers (mixing): TAD Compact Evolution, Zellaton Plural Evo

Avidlistener

Feb 18, 2013
Thanks for posting this. I just purchased the DSD 64 version of this and 3 Hands clapping.
Wish I could play the the higher res versions. The other one mic recordings of theirs I have are excellent, including Feen Brothers play Brubeck.

I’ve only listened to 2 cuts of Red so far but the drums are fantastic.

Reactions: APP

APP

Oct 1, 2014
I think the most important part of the sound is how they record it, 24bit DXD, but afterwards a DSD 64 0r a 24/96 still sounds fantastic.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing