Music of CES 2016

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I am actually using *paper* pad believe it or not! Tried using the phone and it was a disaster. I can pull out my small notebook, make a few notes and run off.

Wish I could post in real-time though but have not found a good/small solution for that.

Oh, I had the impression you were using notebook as in an electronic one :D I thought that was a bit crazy. I think you're doing it the only sane way. I just thought maybe it'd be easier an insane way with that keyboard.

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
Good grief. That is one hard to find and expensive title! There is lots of praise for it so not sure why Sony would not release the stream as high-res download. Maybe they have rights issues.
Every now and then one turns up at a reasonable price. OOP and demand will do that. I got one yrs ago when it looked hopeless. The hiRes in the early days, one had to get quickly or they went OOP with no reissues

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Just purchased this album through Pono from Gary's LPs: https://www.ponomusic.com/ccrz__CCP...cabee785ec7c9341f6&pageKey=product&type=Album

The CD was a lot more expensive and could not find a high-res download.

slowGEEZR

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2010
Colorado Springs, CO
This was a serious problem at this show...

CUT....

I had brought a memory stick to RMAF but other than one exhibitor, none of them would let me play it.

How about we create a compilation together of what should be on the CD before the next show which for me, looks like AXPONA in April? I will buy the tracks and make the CD. Just need the suggestions.

I wonder if the reason for them not allowing a memory stick was the fear of a virus?

I like the idea of a compilation CD.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I wonder if the reason for them not allowing a memory stick was the fear of a virus?
That is what someone hypothesized. But it doesn't apply to me because I was careful to walk around the show with a surgical mask so there was no risk there:

I like the idea of a compilation CD.
I will start the process prior to going to the next show. Maybe we can have a few of these "virtual" WBF favorites discs.

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
I carry my own compilation CD, in a small plastic case that I can put in my back pocket. Or, if I'm feeling like it, I just carry a backpack, with more CDs and maybe an LP or two.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
The CD doesn't break in your back pocket??? I don't think I can even stuff one in there let alone survive sitting and standing 500 times as I go through all of the suites :).

Now carrying LPs. That is a sign of dedication :).

RayDunzl

Jun 26, 2014
Tampa
Whoa!

i-zdbz94Z.jpg

A directional CD?

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
Thanks Amir, definitely some great music and great quality. I have 24 of them.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing