My Experience with Shunyata Omega 75 ohm BNC cables on Rossini DAC/Clock

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Friends,

Just a few notes on my experience with these cables. After using the Omega 75 ohms for two weeks, I think I have a handle on what these cables are doing so right. I started with the Apogee WydeEye on the Rossini master clock and have to say the sound was actually quite good. But the Omegas surprised me by the added qualities when installed.

I think it really comes down to three things:

1. I hear a bit more detail. Things seem more defined and lifelike. There is a sense of smoothness and ease in the best way possible.
2. Bass sounds fuller. Very natural and taut to my ears.
3. Soundstage placement of instruments seems more precise. The finger snaps on Buble’s The Best is Yet to Come have more snap and presence.

I am not completely sure if this is all due to more precise signal transfer allowing for more precise timing but that seems a plausible explanation.

These are not inexpensive but they really took the Rossini and clock to a whole new level for me. I am very impressed with the Omega line!

Mar 30, 2023
Украина
agree with you 100%. A week ago, I bought two omega clocke 75 cables to work in conjunction: dcs vivaldi clocke-dac, clocke-transport. Of course, I expected improvement, but the result surprised me, and this is also without warming up.

Reactions: Lee and kennyb123

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA
Those of us who have tried Shunyata's clock cables are already aware of how much of an improvement they can bring. My reaction to the Sigma v2 clock cable mirrors the impression the reviewer had in the following. Note that it also includes this quote from Grant from Shunyata: “By using our one-quarter speed extrusion process, the conductors in the digital cables are refined, reducing wire incongruities that would induce jitter-related distortions. The TAP and common-mode filters on the clock cables reduce another form of distortion, specifically related to the EMI field and high-frequency noise. Finally, the termination process we use reduces junction impedance.”

dCS Lina Master Clock - The Audio Beat - www.TheAudioBeat.com

Reactions: Lee

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing