My Torqueo audio T34 exclusive Zebrano is Up and Playing.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Tell your wife you have to go to italy for a business trip to meet new big customers
She gives visa to you immediately
Gian my friend. Two weeks ago I was about to visit Mr.T to listen to his Vox Olympian and WAMM. He is only fifteen minutes from my place. My wife asked me why I had to go listen. Then she said "Go teach your son how to fly a kite." Gone my audio social life.

Ciao,
Tang

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
. . . Two weeks ago I was about to visit Mr.T to listen to his Vox Olympian and WAMM. He is only fifteen minutes from my place. My wife asked me why I had to go listen. Then she said "Go teach your son how to fly a kite." Gone my audio social life.

. . .

Dear Tang,

This post triggered the forum’s Random Offense Neutralisation (“RON”) software. The RON system wonders why your wife cannot teach your son to fly a kite? The system is reporting that it is sexist for your wife to imply that teaching your son to fly a kite is the father’s responsibility.

The RON system advises re-engagement on this issue, and recommends immediate rescheduling of the Mr. T visit.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
While Tang's wife is teaching their son how to fly a kite, Tang can teach the cleaner how not to destroy a stylus.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Back to the thread. This is one gorgeous tt. Very tastefully design. So the T34 has two versions: one with arm on plinth and one with isolated arm base. How is the resolution in comparison to the Techdas.

Tang

Last edited:

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Gian my friend. Two weeks ago I was about to visit Mr.T to listen to his Vox Olympian and WAMM. He is only fifteen minutes from my place. My wife asked me why I had to go listen. Then she said "Go teach your son how to fly a kite." Gone my audio social life.

Ciao,
Tang

Dear Tang,

I congratulate you. Longtime ago I also thought my children how to fly - and how to build, BTW - a kite. Wonderful moments that are really much more precious than any stereo listening.

Reactions: bonzo75

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Tang, if a job needs doing right...

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Tang Mr. T is only 15 mins away. You can fly the kite and visit Mr. T with your son too. He can build the kite there while you are listening to the stereo. Give him an ice cream and tell him not to tell his mother part of the story.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Guys. I feel bad for OT. Thanks for sharing laugh. But let's go back to Torqueo.

Kind regards,
Tang

Reactions: Uk Paul

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
If you go to Facebook and check Torqueo,in Torqueo page,there is a video of my system with Torqueo,Saec 506 and GFS that i did with my iphone 7

Reactions: Uk Paul and bonzo75

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
I think Aviad is distracted from WBF by his new Torqueo.. He must be in love..

byrdparis

Nov 24, 2015
Israel
Its was a bit of a puzzle why almost no one addressed the subject... but i guess its not that interesting like the AS2000 or other around. :rolleyes:
thank you Tang for your sensitivity! it was very much appreciates.

the T34 is indeed playing wonderful! with the Ikeda 407 and the Sumile i was properly decided to fit on. as i said, the sound is very big and Lush!
the TT is build extremely well! and its operation is very smooth and quiet!
something i was afraid to not being so possible due to the fact its Idler based.
if i must compare it to the TD AF3... i will say simply that one is "vintage" and the later is "modern".
I will probably will choose the Italian for some 50th Jazz records or classic rock, and the AF for my Classical records due to his HIGH FI abilities to preform a greater separation and overall full rang and impact.
the T34 is so smooth sounding, its never in the way of the music per se' its just deliver the good with its own color and character. i think also the IKEDA (or SAEC if to touch some of the issues some friends were referring in here) is a good match to continue the Torqueo house sound.
all is great and very enjoyable but i cant wait my AF3P will arrive! i have two arms and a bunch of cart's waiting for months now to his arrival!

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
Aviad,
Glad you are back in control of this lot..

You have two (well, soon!) very complimentary turntables, congratulations!

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I take away quite a lot by the term "lush" being used for the Torqueo.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Oh, just that "lush" to me signifies warm and liquid. But this could be a characteristic that imposes itself from one lp to the next. Like the quality "sweet".

It's instructive you feel the AF3 maybe better for classical, my guess is it's probably more resolving at microdynamic level, nuanced and neutral.

Byrd, I run a rim drive based on the Lenco L70, so have some idea on how the Torqueo might sound. I've actually modded it heavily so that it's not characterised only as lush, but digs a bit deeper, and is less characterful as of itself, able to differentiate better from one recording to the next.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
At Gian's with the Lyra atlas SL into the CH the Torqeo was not lush. It had details, loads of stage, bass and slam.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
So you liked it a lot? That little summary is pretty much everything you want from a component, esp a source.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing