Nagra Debuts its New Reference Anniversary Turntable/Tonearm Record Playback System

carl13

Feb 6, 2020

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia

rando

Sep 22, 2019
never seeing a platter like this before.might be a stupid question but where does the lp sit on?

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
My dealer says it's a clear see through material. Not glass. The looks are to die for.

Also the belt and motor/pulley assembly is very closely aligned with their tape recorders. And this isn't a normal belt drive table in terms of how it's driving the platter - when compared to other dual motor etc etc drive systems. Nagra's experience in tape recorders and those drive systems are one of the key technologies being applied here.

matakana

Aug 26, 2020
UK
My dealer says it's a clear see through material. Not glass. The looks are to die for.

Also the belt and motor/pulley assembly is very closely aligned with their tape recorders. And this isn't a normal belt drive table in terms of how it's driving the platter - when compared to other dual motor etc etc drive systems. Nagra's experience in tape recorders and those drive systems are one of the key technologies being applied here.
$ 175k !

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I guess if you have to ask if that price includes the arm, then you deffo can't afford it Lol.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Here is a lot more detailed info. Just out today see link:

Nagra Newsletter

Regarding price, good thing we're all on WBF!

Last edited:

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Right now, looking at the current $150k+ contenders, this Nagra, the SAT DD, the new Kronos, the Jonathan Weiss cast iron unit, I know which one I'd want in my room, and it's not anything other than the Nagra.

matakana

Aug 26, 2020
UK
Right now, looking at the current $150k+ contenders, this Nagra, the SAT DD, the new Kronos, the Jonathan Weiss cast iron unit, I know which one I'd want in my room, and it's not anything other than the Nagra.
Yeh, and you could buy nearly 3 to a zero!

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I think of only one thing when I see the AF0.
Not the price.
Not the bulk.
No, the only thing I think is "dust trap".

Last edited:
Reactions: matakana

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
Reactions: Zeotrope and rando

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
My dealer is off to Switzerland today. I think he is seriously thinking of buying a demo unit. I am sure he'll let me know more info soon, especially what he thinks of the sound. We both have Grand Prix Monaco 2.0's today.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing