NAT Audio Power Conditioner

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Has anyone tried and A/Bed the NAT Audio Power conditioner? I have heard it in a system but never ABed it, and wanted to check as I like their pre and power amps

http://www.nataudio.com/products/all-products/accessory/item/31-xenon.html

It's a Serbian translation " It contains special tube that has almost ZERO voltage drop inside a bulb no matter of power consumption! So if a system consumes for example 500VA (W) and “goes” (during a high dynamic passage) to 1000VA (W) or higher, voltage drop inside a bulb will be approx. the same as before (ZERO). Also there is no any electromagnetic radiation like in a transformer type of conditioners! There is also no voltage drop as in with transformer – so more dynamics for the system (for “music”) over filtration. Medium inside a bulb contains plasma that in conjunction with the rest of filtration circuit act as approx. limitless power filter! For the reference information, tube 5545 may give at peak 80A of current – means by mathematical calculation over 18.400 VA (W) of peak output power while sub-peak for 0.1sec.(over 10Hz) it is huge 1.120A – equal to 257.600 VA (W) of peak power output – it is over 250kVA (kW)! With standard continuous power of over 2.500VA (W) there is a capability to supply with clean power almost any type of High-End system.
Tubes are by N.O.S. (new old stock) grade and have high reliability."

More in the link

Kedar

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
+1

I do not remotely know what to make of the description of this device.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
It means nothing other than the device doesn't appear to limit current but there's other ways to have dynamics limited they may not be accounting for...

There's zero mention of how or why it filters anything. It may be nothing more than an expensive power strip. From friend to friend, and someone who builds power conditioners, I wouldn't touch it based on what we've seen.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
. . . There's zero mention of how or why it filters anything. . . .

Exactly. I don't understand how it purports to filter anything.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Interesting. This is now the second Thyratron tube AC power product I've seen.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
VH audio sells some sorts of them, at least I trust Chris, but I'm still not sold on them. No one will say what exactly they do, and that website is like a broken English ramble of a sort about trying to say it doesn't pinch current...

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
The point is it is filled with Xenon and it looks very Flash Gordon original series.

Quite why I don't seem to have a picture of it in my myriad of show photos I do not know. It definitely looks very cool if somewhat unstable/freaky in the way the Xenon glows.

My Krypton filled OD3 voltage regs look cool in my 211 amps.

But mercury filled rectifiers are where it is at. If you don't have those in your system, well, honestly. You've no cred. None. Zero. Zilsch.

Last edited:

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
Proper mercury arc rectifier. Bit noisy for hi-fi use LOL.

Love it.

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PL83961851DA91ECA7&v=G7qMVYf85sM[/video]

Pallen

Jun 25, 2018
I'm curious to know if anyone has heard and evaluated this NAT Audio Power conditioner, and has a view on it.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing