NEED HELP WITH NISSAN SKYLINE RADIO!!!!

Skyline33_Dani

Mar 11, 2020
Ok, so the thing is I have a 1994 Nissan Skyline R33 GTS25T and I want to keep the stock radio in there. Problem is that a) no Bluetooth or audio in and b) its a Japanese radio so even if I wanted to listen to the FM or AM its not in the bandwidth of the US! Now, I want to wire in a Bluetooth chip and use the CD player for the bypass, which should be easy enough, except that the radio is not name brand. Seems Nissan created their own radio, and I have a part number from Nissan, but nothing online gets me a schematic to try to figure out where to insert the bypass. I was hoping someone on here could help me!!!

The Nissan Part Number is B8185-C9920
Model Number is RM-V20SBZ-K
Serial Number is WD7KA09251

There is no name or brand anywhere else on the radio body or on the Mobo. Ive searched every single microprocessor to no avail. I was really hoping someone here could help me! Even if its bypassing the FM or AM, anything would help!

cjf

Nov 19, 2012
Ok, so the thing is I have a 1994 Nissan Skyline R33 GTS25T and I want to keep the stock radio in there. Problem is that a) no Bluetooth or audio in and b) its a Japanese radio so even if I wanted to listen to the FM or AM its not in the bandwidth of the US! Now, I want to wire in a Bluetooth chip and use the CD player for the bypass, which should be easy enough, except that the radio is not name brand. Seems Nissan created their own radio, and I have a part number from Nissan, but nothing online gets me a schematic to try to figure out where to insert the bypass. I was hoping someone on here could help me!!!

The Nissan Part Number is B8185-C9920
Model Number is RM-V20SBZ-K
Serial Number is WD7KA09251

There is no name or brand anywhere else on the radio body or on the Mobo. Ive searched every single microprocessor to no avail. I was really hoping someone here could help me! Even if its bypassing the FM or AM, anything would help!

I'll just leave this here:

https://www.audiocontrol.com/car-audio/in-dash-processors/

Not sure why leaving the factory radio in place is so important but either way, the unit above would let you bypass the factory gear and or build something new around it.

Skyline33_Dani

Mar 11, 2020
I'll just leave this here:

https://www.audiocontrol.com/car-audio/in-dash-processors/

Not sure why leaving the factory radio in place is so important but either way, the unit above would let you bypass the factory gear and or build something new around it.

Sorry for not replying sooner, got really busy with the engine swap and rebuild process. I really want to leave the stock head unit to keep the original integrity of the vehicle. Its rare here in the states and a good vehicle with stock and original parts is worth good money if need to resell. Reason I would much rather be reusing the stock headunit and just retrofit a newer piece of technology inside to enhance the utility of the whole piece. Is there any way to find schematics for this headunit? I was told by a buddy of mine that this forum would be the best place to find it.

Thanks,
Skyline

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing